Talk

Advanced search

My blood test results - help understanding results please

(17 Posts)
Karbea Mon 11-Jul-11 17:35:35

finally convinced the receptionist at the gp to give me my results:
Btw she read them to me so I'll type what she said, my comments are in brackets smile found from googling

Day 5 which was actually day 7.

Serum cratim (creatinine) - 85 (normal 53-106)
Gfr 69 (>60 normal)
Serum lh 2.6 (<7 should be 1:1 with fsh, if it's higher then pcos)
Fsh 6.4 (3-20, 6-9 is good)
Progesterone 2.3 ( I think this means no ov?)
Oestradiol stradiol 194 (normal 60-250)

7days dpo

Serum progesterone 35.9 (over 10 means ov)

Do these results look ok? The doc said they did, and I think google is telling me they are, only confusing thing is lh being much lower than fsh - what does this mean?
And why was my progesterone so low on day 7?

Thank you

Keziahhopes Mon 11-Jul-11 17:39:21

Karbea - we were told anything over 26ish meant we had ovulated - so 35.9 is really good. It should be low on first test and higher on 2nd so looks like you ovulated smile.

You could always ask for a repeat set of tests to check they are consistent with your gp.

But to me they look good (and we had 4 sets!!)

Karbea Mon 11-Jul-11 17:44:57

He said he won't do anything more until we've been trying a year (oct). The acupuncturist said he wanted to see the actual results as he said something's the docs say normal, but there are different levels of normal...

Keziahhopes Mon 11-Jul-11 18:05:08

Yes, Fertility Clinics don't accept referrals if you are under age 35 and not been ttc for 1 year. It is good Gp did those tests earlier though - should reassure you. My dh's semen analysis results were NOT good - but 3 months of concerted efforts of improving them really helped.

I guess you could get an appointment booked now for October, or as soon as it is available? Hopefully you will not need it!

Our ICSI failed, but CB monitor, lots of supplements and accupuncture = natural miracle.

Karbea Mon 11-Jul-11 18:37:15

I'm 37!!! Dh hasn't been tested yet, although he has the little bottle...

I'm hoping the acupuncture will do the trick, I'm taking sipllememts, royal jelly, Evening primrose oil and this iron supplement thingy smile

mrsb33 Mon 11-Jul-11 18:45:50

Kh, can I ask what suppliaments did you take?
I'm now 11months on from my mmc back in september last year.
Am now using a cbfm to see if that helps but not sure if I've used it right?? Its asked me to poas at day 17 and not since?? Only did it once?? Was I meant to do it daily from then?? Help!!!!!!
So I've hyjacked your thread karbea

Karbea Mon 11-Jul-11 18:51:07

I use cbfm too, it asks you when it needs you to do it.

mrsb33 Mon 11-Jul-11 19:02:51

Ahhh sorry just assumed you were a newbie! Ekkk bad mistake, you should never assume should you! Slaps herself on the wrist!!!
So I was right to just poas just once that cycle??
Its all very confusing, can feel af on her way!! So disappointing this is now our 11 month..
I'm also waiting on my bloodd tesst results so maybe asking the same questions next week!!! Lol
What other tests have you had??
Were currently on the fist path, so had internal,bloods and am booked in for a pelvic scan. Then its down to dh!
Were taking, folic acid,vit d,c zink,magnesium, and a multi vitamin!! We basically rattle!!!

Keziahhopes Mon 11-Jul-11 19:05:25

Karbea - if you are 37 and been ttc for more than 6 months then your Gp HAS to test you more or refer you on, these are NHS Nice guidelines so don't be fobbed off by Gp. However, gp probably will not refer you onto the hospital fertillity clinic until your Dh has been tested - so if you can persuade Dh to do his test things can move on!!

Mrsb33 - I took Zita West's Vitafem, Vitafem boost,Zita West's DHA and a daily baby aspirin. First month of that combination we had our first ever positive test in 7 years. Not that it was the combination that did it! Dh takes Menevit to improve his numbers, motility etc - really has improved it - but you have to order that from abroad, or take about 6 different bottles of stuff in Uk, so we went for the £15 a month, one tablet a day for dh. As sperm can renew themselves every 3 months the clinic said to improve sperm health as much as possible as that was where problems were (mine found later) - and after 4 Semen Analysis tests we saw massive improvement in numbers!!

Karbea Mon 11-Jul-11 19:10:46

What result did it give you? It is slightly odd it was only once.

These are the only tests I have had, and as the gp said they are normal, he won't do anymore till we've been trying a year, whichll be oct. Dh should go for his tests this week. I'm taking lots of stuff, and having acupuncture on weds.

I'm reading a book which basically says you should get your garden all healthy for the egg, and concentrate on that for 4 months so that's what I'm doing, my friend got preggers in her 3rd month of not trying.

Keziahhopes Mon 11-Jul-11 19:13:10

Karbea - if you are over 35 and been ttc for more than 6 months once your Dh done his test then Gp has to refer you onto the local fertility clinic = might be worth you finding the Nice guidelines and quoting them at him. Though by time dh done test and got results it will be Aug, so not too far from Oct!

mrsb33 Mon 11-Jul-11 19:24:57

I'm 33, husband is 35, we've been together for 16 years, got pregnant the month after we got married but we were trying for 2 years prior to that.
Since my mmc I've not had a sniff of a bfp, so doc is starting the ball rolling with the tests.
I'm still waiting on results so will keep u in the loop, and thanks khopes, I will look into your recommended vits. As I'm spending a fortune on my current supplies anyway. Thanks again

Keziahhopes Mon 11-Jul-11 20:57:00

MrsB - good gp starting tests. They often repeat them as well, to check ovulation. The SA is useful test - very easy for male to do. My dh had to go to a clinic at the hospital at the appointment time, into his own room and produce a sample, which he put on a shelf in the room and went out. Never had to see anyone, total embarrassment free!!

mrsb33 Mon 11-Jul-11 21:20:42

Great, he was getting abit nervous about that test, he keeps saying I would have to take it into the doctors for him!! I told him it didn't work like that, glad to get it clarified!! Thx again.
Quick question, where did u get the menevit from?

Karbea Mon 11-Jul-11 21:35:55

My oh is dreading them too... He isn't very happy about the fact we can't have sex for 3 days either haha! He kept putting off doing it, and now my results look ok, I think he is worried he will be the problem sad

eurochick Mon 11-Jul-11 21:58:34

My husband was able to produce his sample at home and then drop it to the hospital on the way to work. I think they need to be able to get it there in under an hour, or produce it in the building! He had to make a sort of appointment for it to be tested. I guess that's because they can't afford to have loads of samples turning up at once and then sitting around before they can be tested. Because of the abstaining beforehand, you need to make sure he doesn't do it around ov time or you will miss a month.

Incidentally, mine was also nervous when my results were fine, but his was all ok.

I agree with others who have said your GP should refer you on as you are over 35 and have been trying for more than 6 months. I am waiting for my gynae appointment to come through so have only had the blood tests so far.

Keziahhopes Tue 12-Jul-11 20:55:48

Got menevit from this website (about £43 for 3 months supply including postage, comes in royal mail!):
cincottachemist.com.au/product/984236-buy-menevit-capsules-90-online

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now