Talk

Advanced search

Acupuncture

(8 Posts)
Karbea Mon 11-Jul-11 15:15:21

hello,

I've my first acupuncture appointment on Wednesday, has anyone tried this? What was it like? Did it work?

ciwi Mon 11-Jul-11 16:20:42

I have had acupuncture for a thyroid problem and I do believe that it has definately helped things. I had swollen ankles and she said she would open some 'water passages', the next day I couldn't stop peeing and my ankles went down a lot. they are now so much better. I have had a couple of weeks off now as my therapist is away but I am going again soon.
The therapist will take a very detailed history from you at first and then tailor your treatments to your ailments. Then they put very fine needles on various points on your body and twist them round a bit, then leave you to relax for about 15 minutes. It is relaxing and I always feel really tired after it so I think it does do something. Hope you enjoy it x

eurochick Mon 11-Jul-11 16:41:35

Hi,

As I have posted elsewhere on here, I am seeing an acupuncturist specifically for fertility issues and it does seem to be doing something. Since I have been going (I am on the 4th cycle with treatment now) my luteal phase has got a day longer, my cycles seem more regular and my periods are lighter and less painful and clotty.

What is hasn't done yet is get me pregnant!

I find it helpful to have someone to talk over fertility issues with. My acupuncturist is pretty knowledgable about the tests you will be sent for, etc and the various subtleties of cycles. However, she isn't sure why I am not PG yet and has suggested I take agnus castus (she is also a herbalist) alongside the treatment to try to boost my ovulation so I am giving that a go.

Karbea Mon 11-Jul-11 17:21:17

I spoke to a work colleague who has had it for pain, and she said it was brilliant.

I'm trying it for fertility too. euro I'm reading a book at the moment that says you should spend 4 months getting your garden in great condition for planting the egg, so it sounds like the acupuncture is helping you do that smile

Keziahhopes Mon 11-Jul-11 17:36:34

I have had it and just got a natural pregnancy. Person I see is trained for fertility issues. Hope you like it!

Karbea Mon 11-Jul-11 17:42:55

Hi kezia

Yes he is trained in the zita west way of fertility treatment. How much acupuncture did you have?

Keziahhopes Mon 11-Jul-11 18:06:04

Mine Zita West too. When first saw her went weekly for one month, then fortnightly - then monthly until IVF - then supported through IVf, then monthly!

tralalala Mon 11-Jul-11 18:22:35

I've had it lots of times for lots of ailments and it has helped loads for period problems, neck pain and IBS.

So relaxing too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now