Talk

Advanced search

Early miscarriage - advice please

(4 Posts)
RedB Mon 11-Jul-11 13:32:20

Hi - I found out I was pregnant last week at around 5 weeks and am now starting to bleed. This is my third miscarriage so you'd think I'd know by now, but my others were missed miscarriages and although the baby only got to 5-6 weeks, I didn't bleed till 8-10 weeks. Do I need a scan or anything, or do I just pretend the two lines I saw last week never happened and treat it like a late period? Is there likely to be a sac coming out or is that only at a later stage (sorry if TMI, but its the bit I hate most about miscarrying and need to gear myself up for it if its likely to happen)
Thanks

Red

LisaJayneS Mon 11-Jul-11 13:40:03

Oh Red so sorry you're having a rough time. Lots of hugs your way.

If I were you I'd see if you could get a scan to check everything. I had a mc at 10 weeks but the baby had stopped developing at 5-6 weeks - no one ever called it a mmc but it sounds like what you had. I certainly had something to 'pass' so Ut can't hurt to get it checked?

Is there an early preg assessment unit at your hospital? I went to one when I had mine and they were so lovely and told me to call them direct if I was pg again and worried and wanted a scan earlier than 12 weeks so you could try that?

Hope you're ok and that there is someone there to look after you.

Lisa xxxx

eurochick Mon 11-Jul-11 13:40:59

I'm sorry to hear that.

One thing I would say is that if you want investigations now or think you might at some point in future, you should make sure you dr notes it, as 3 is the magic number in terms of getting a referral, etc.

LisaJayneS Mon 11-Jul-11 13:42:57

That's true - maybe phone GP to refer you? My mc was on a Sunday night and the emergency GP phoned EPAC for me on the monday and they called me back.

XXxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now