Talk

Advanced search

Cycle question

(4 Posts)
AstroNess Mon 11-Jul-11 13:08:29

Hello lovely ladies,

I'm new on here so please be gentle.

We're TTC #1 and I'm very confused about my cycle and I'm not sure when I ovulate. Any thoughts and advice are appreciated.

Basically, I've been monitoring my cycle for the last couple of months. It's a pretty long one. 40 days and then 36 days. So, I have been working to an average of 38 days.

CD1 was the 20th June and AF finished on the 24th June. I then used OPKs and got a smiley face on 8th July (CD19). Although, I did think I had ovulated a couple of days before this because I had pain on the lower RHS (is it called Mittleschniztle, or something like that confused?) and EWCM. These symptoms had gone by the time of the smiley face.

Anyway, CD38 would be able 27th July, which means my luteal phase would be 18ish days. Now, everywhere I have read says that the LP should be no more than 14-16. Is that correct?

Can anyone help me understand what is going on?

PS. I hope I got all the acronyms right blush

AstroNess Mon 11-Jul-11 20:12:32

Bump bump...smile

SlightlyBabyCrazed Mon 11-Jul-11 20:19:42

Hi, don't want you to go unanswered - so will have a little go at an answer:
A long LP isn't so much a problem as a short one, the EWCM would be around prior to the smiley face and should go more watery around the actual OV.

How long have you been trying?

AstroNess Mon 11-Jul-11 21:16:51

Thanks. I wouldn't say it got watery when the smiley face happened. But that is reassuring that EWCM happens before the smiley face smile

This is only our first month of trying so, not panicking yet. Just wondering really...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now