Talk

Advanced search

When is the best time during the day to use Clearblue ovulation sticks??

(6 Posts)
Figaro82 Sun 10-Jul-11 11:47:51

After a MMC in April, my cycle has been all over the place. I have used the cheap Internet sticks but have never got a positive. I have invested in some of the CB ones as from what people have said on here they are easier to read. The instructions say to use in the morning, but I am sure I have read on here that they are more effective during the day?? Any advice would be very much appreciated. I need this month to be my month!!!

PieMistress Sun 10-Jul-11 12:41:30

I use the cheapie OPKs to start with (after lunch and in the evening) then when I start to see the 2nd line I use the CB ones to confirm (early evening).

eurochick Sun 10-Jul-11 12:53:59

Are they the digi ones?

I have got positives using them both in the morning and 2pm (which is what other brands seem to recommend).

I currently favour 2pm. I avoid weeing for about 3 hrs and don't drink excessive amounts in that time.

I have got a positive every month bar one and that month I had food poisoning so couldn't leave it 3 hrs between loo visits.

Scrummybumb Sun 10-Jul-11 13:22:06

I use CB digi ones and get a positive each month, whether first thing in the morning or in the evening

MeconiumHappens Sun 10-Jul-11 17:43:13

Hi smile I used cheapies and never got a positive either. Bought a 20 pack of CB with the smileys (cheaper from amazon) and got a positive! I found that if i did them at 5pm on return from work (having not peed for 3-4hrs) they work like a charm!
good luck, it confirmed ovulation was late like i though it might have been.

Figaro82 Sun 10-Jul-11 19:23:55

Thank you everyone!!! I did get the digital ones, so hopefully I will get a smiley face at some point!! I still have a lot of the cheap ones left so might try them in the morning then the CB ones in the afternoon. Have spent z small fortune of tests in the last few months and I thought having the baby was the expensive bit!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now