Any Chance of BFP after a BFN on Day 29?

(13 Posts)
juniorpark Sun 10-Jul-11 09:23:36

Hi, I am on Day 30 and no sign of AF, did a Boots Early Response test yesterday with FMI and BFN. My cycle has been 27/28 days for the last 5 months and to get to day 30 with no AF is striking me as odd. I had cramping and tingling bbs a few days ago so thought AF was coming, but so far no sign. I OV'd a few days later than normal this month, normally its Day 13 but this month it was 15, so my app expected AF yesterday. My question is, what are my chances of getting a BFP or is AF inevitable? Has anyone had a similar experience>

birdofthenorth Sun 10-Jul-11 14:59:27

Best friend had BFN followed by BFP about 18 hours later! It can happen, takes a while for hormone levels to increase sometimes...

Sadly also anxiety (about a BFP!) can delay AF in an otherwise regular cycle though!

Good luck smile

melliebobs Sun 10-Jul-11 15:06:33

there's still chance. I had 28 day cycles. Did a morrisons test that apparantly could be take up to 4 days early on day 27 and day 30 and got bfn. Day 33 with a sainsburies one and got a bfp.

juniorpark Sun 10-Jul-11 16:23:38

Thank you both for that, will give it a few more days and if no AF will test again.

montymum Sun 10-Jul-11 17:24:33

Can I join you in this waiting game. I am normally as regular as clockwork every 4th saturday AF begins I can set my watch by it. This month we started TTC. Have had no symptoms what so ever (although ever really have any AF symptoms either). Yesterday AF didn't arrive so POAS and got BFN. Then got in the car and promptly threw up all over myself while driving - only time this has ever happened before I was pregnant but later MC. Still no AF and can't concentrate on anything- trying not to get my hopes up but finding it hard to do the ironing with my fingers crossed. Good luck Juniorpark hope this is a lucky month for us both x

Macaroona Sun 10-Jul-11 17:26:13

If you OV'd a few days late, AF will be the same number of days late as your luteal phase (time between OV and AF) is always the same.

Good luck though - you could def still get a BFP!

MeconiumHappens Sun 10-Jul-11 17:37:19

its really common to have one odd long cycle now and again. i had this a couple of months ago, got very excited reading lots of "you could be" type threads but af just dropped in late sad so, what im saying is that anything is possible, but be tentatively hopeful so as not to be disappointed lik me. blooming good luck though!

juniorpark Sun 10-Jul-11 18:12:11

Thank you montymum, macaroona and meconiumhappens. I have been on a strict regular cycle for a good few months since I started acupuncture in January to regulate my cycle as it was way off, and I mean way off, like 69 days long etc. Since going for acupuncture it regularised very quickly and remained that way. However, in June I missed a session because I was away on holiday (I normally go twice a month) and this month, also only one session so far as acupuncturist away on holiday. That combined with the late ovulation (two days later than normal), might be why AF is late. I normally OV day 13 or 14 and get AF exactly 14 days later, this month OV day 15/16 so estimated AF due yesterday or today. Montymum, I will keep things crossed for you so you can iron. I will give it a few more days and if no AF test again. I will try to stop thinking about it, its ridiculous and all consuming! I am disappointed every month, some more so than others. Last month was particularly tough as my sister found out she is pregnant. Thanks for you responses, I will let you know. Montymum, let me know about you too.

juniorpark Tue 12-Jul-11 06:42:48

Good morning, got all the signs last night and sure enough AF is here this morning. Naughty AF - what kept you!

montymum Tue 12-Jul-11 19:55:16

Sorry to hear that Juniorpark- I'm still waiting!

montymum Wed 13-Jul-11 18:35:09

Af caught up with me today too x

juniorpark Wed 13-Jul-11 18:47:22

Sorry to hear that Montymum. We have an appointment with Doc tomorrow to see where we can go from here.

hwalton6210 Fri 29-Apr-16 10:52:36

Hi all

Been ttc for over a year now since my husband's reverse vasectomy. I have since found out that I have endometriosis and was due an IVF consultation this morning, however, my AF is usually day 26 and sometimes 28 and I'm on day 29 today and still no AF! I have been experiencing nausea, tummy cramps on and off and now sore boobs but yesterday had BFN from clear blue test. Could I still be pregnant?? Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now