Talk

Advanced search

Grapefruit and Pineapple Juice

(9 Posts)
LisaJayneS Sat 09-Jul-11 08:46:18

Morning ladies,

Quick question for you. I have read on some of these threads that people say you should have grapefruit prior to OV and pineapple during the 2ww. Just wondered what the logic to this was? Does it really make a difference?

I could probably make myself have pineapple juice in the 2ww but would need some serious convincing to have grapefruit...

Any thoughts gratefully (or should that be grapefully ha ha ha grin) received

Lisa xxx

eurochick Sat 09-Jul-11 10:08:12

Grapefruit is supposed to help thin your CM to make it easier for the swimmers. There is a brand of cough medicine that does the same. I can never remember the name of it.

I think pineapple is rumoured to help implantation, but I am not convinced by that one.

kat2504 Sat 09-Jul-11 10:29:14

No I doubt it does make much of a difference. I drank gallons of the yucky stuff and then thought this is probably just old wives tales with no scientific evidence that we turn to in desperation.

there is only one effective product. It's called semen. But the extra vitamins in all that fruit juice might improve your overall health which is no bad thing.

BamBam21 Sat 09-Jul-11 12:03:43

Maybe a coincidence, but I am 9 wks pg now. I had drunk the odd glass of grapefruit juice, but in the week or so before my BFP, my DP bought a pineapple which was on offer at the supermarket, so we were munching on that for a couple of days. As I say, maybe coincidence, but we had been trying for nearly 3 years up until then.smile

LisaJayneS Sat 09-Jul-11 12:11:16

Congratulations Bambam - that's great news!

Well it can't hurt to eat some pineapple can it. I imagine fresh pineapple better than juice. One problem, how do you prepare a whole pineapple? I have no Idea where to start! They're kind of spikey....confused

Cheers
Lisa x

PieMistress Sat 09-Jul-11 17:23:44

From what i've read it's the selenium in fresh (not from concentrate) pineapple juice that can seemingly help implantation (or something), probably an old wives tale but could be worth a shot!

AlsoAvailableSober Sat 09-Jul-11 17:30:26

I have always eaten fresh grapefruit regularly for breakfast and conceived within 3 months twice (with girls). My friend had 2 boys and really wanted a girl and asked what I had dine eaten hmm. no idea if it helped on either topic, but she got pg and has now had a baby girl after switching to eat fresh grapefruit

The nicest ones are the pink ones. Buy the heaviest by weight when you pick them up and then leave them in the fruit bowl for a couple of weeks. They will be juicy and sweet smile. my dd1 loves fresh grapefruit now too grin

Re pineapples you can buy a winding gadget that peels, cores and slices them in one go. I suspect from lakeland or similar (mum bought it for me)

Good luck smile

LisaJayneS Sat 09-Jul-11 19:17:50

Thanks Alsoavailablesober - Not sure I can bring myself to eat grapefruit - I'm not a citrus fruit fan and grapefruit is the worst of them, Pineapple I can do though so might try that - can't hurt after all. No doubt it's just an OWT but I'll try anything lol

deemented Sat 09-Jul-11 19:23:53

grin

I was around in 2002 when a group of TTC'ers on Fertility Friends sent a rumor going round that pineapple juice would help implantation. It happened at a time when there was lots of information and misinformation as to what was helpful and what was not. It was done to see how quickly it wold become truth.

Now wether there is any truth to it or not, i don't know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now