Talk

Advanced search

Time to get some tests done?

(4 Posts)
Floandno Thu 07-Jul-11 17:11:48

Hello,
Just wanted some opinions really. I'm on my 6th cycle and still not pregnant. I had a mc back in november, but periods have been pretty normal since. I've been doing ovulation tests and so we've definitely been having sex at the right time in my cycle (and other times too, we like to make sure we're giving the little guys the best chance of success!). We're both 22, lead healthy lifestyles (i have a very stressful job, but it's only three days a week and i try to chill out as much as possible), have no major health issues, and we seem to be doing everything by the book, but still no bump!
Would you be off to the doctors for some tests by now? Or should we carry on for a few months more?
Advice please!

Piglet28 Thu 07-Jul-11 17:32:09

Most doctors won't even do any tests unless your have been TTC for a year, 6 months may seem like a long time but a year is the average.

Good luck

ellangirl Thu 07-Jul-11 17:56:05

Sorry to hear about your mc. As you're so young, 6 months is nothing (unfortunately!) GP will not recommend tests until 1 year, unless there is proper reason to suspect something is wrong. Good luck!

eurochick Thu 07-Jul-11 17:58:50

The guidelines are a year at your age (sorry) and 6 months for us ancient over 35s. I have seen some people post on here that their dr wants them to try for 2 years but one year seems to be the standard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now