Talk

Advanced search

Conception dates

(8 Posts)
firsttimemum87 Thu 07-Jul-11 13:14:52

Hi Ladies, I probably sound really stupid but im such a worrier, im 36+5 and have started to panic my dates are wrong. Is it possible to be 5 weeks out?? My date matches exactly to when i had unprotected sex with a new partner but 5 weeks before was the last time i had intercourse with a previous partner ( I Know it sounds awful). All my pregnancy has matched to the dates i have, im just a worrier. Im measuring a week behind also and im sure if my dates were wrong id measure in front, i just need reassuring confused

thelittlefriend Thu 07-Jul-11 13:20:10

Did you have a period in between? I'm sure you're fine, 5 weeks would be loads to be out

firsttimemum87 Thu 07-Jul-11 13:23:19

Yep i had a period but as it was my birthday, i was out drinking and it makes my periods weird, im sure the dates are right coz there bang on but im so terrified. My 20 week scan gave me the same date and baba's measuring small if anything

AmandaCooper Fri 08-Jul-11 08:09:39

I can see why you'd be worried and of course there's nothing we can do to put your mind at rest completely. 5 weeks is quite a significant amount of time to be out by, why don't you ask your doctor.

IslandIsla Fri 08-Jul-11 08:29:29

I'm pretty sure that 5 wks out would definitely have been noticed at your scans. So stop worrying!

AmandaCooper Fri 08-Jul-11 08:46:59

Yes stop worrying. And congratulations!

firsttimemum87 Fri 08-Jul-11 13:26:10

Thanks, im just embarrassed to ask my doctor but i may ask my midwife tuesday but i bet she will laugh at me

AmandaCooper Fri 15-Jul-11 17:42:15

You don't have to say why you want to know, it's a perfectly reasonable thing to want to check, as it affects your dates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now