Talk

Advanced search

Room temperature? Help, please.

(11 Posts)
PoppyAmex Wed 06-Jul-11 15:02:12

Hi - our first month TTC (yay) so very new to the whole thing and hoping you can help.

I got the Clearblue Digital ovulation test thingie, got a smiley face on day 14, SWI and now the waiting part is driving me crazy. Only recently realised that implantation doesn't happen until 7/10 days after fertilisation and was shocked I didn't know that at the age of 36!

Anyway, after going through a lot of threads here, I bought 20 cheap tests from Ebay and was just reading instructions that seem to require urine at room temperature. Is this absolutely necessary? Really detest using those cups and was hoping to just pee on the stick --daily & obsessively--when the time comes. Any thoughts please?

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 07-Jul-11 06:21:52

I've waited once for tinned temperature, never though it made a difference. I use a pot just cos otherwise I pee all over the stick and ruin it.
Where are you in your cycle now?

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 07-Jul-11 06:38:19

Meant room temperature, what's tinned temperature?! <glared at smart phone>

owlbooty Thu 07-Jul-11 15:49:28

It just means don't store your wee in the fridge first. Like you were going to do that anyway grin

I too would recommend the pot approach, as it allows for instant retest if you miss the stick (this happens when one is bleary eyed of a morning).

Good luck!

MadKatz Thu 07-Jul-11 16:08:48

When we were TTC I used to pee into a test tube which had a screw cap. Leave it just in a room (not in sight obviously!) to cool down for 10 minutes and then do the test.

Make sure you do it at the same time everyday.

PoppyAmex Thu 07-Jul-11 16:53:18

Right, thanks for all the answers. I suspect I would be far too impatient to sit and wait anyway.

Currently on day 20 of my cycle (28 day cycles & ovulated on day 14) so am guessing it's far too early to even think about testing. This 2 week wait seriously sucks - do you ever test early?

ellangirl Thu 07-Jul-11 18:00:00

Don't test early- it will never end well! I always tested early, then was cross with myself when it was negative, because, of course, I knew it would be! 1 day before your period is PLENTY early enough if you really can't wait any longer! I never waited for room temp and always got accurate results on OPKs...

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 07-Jul-11 18:07:05

Don't test early! It doesn't tell you anything! You could be downcast as ellangirl says or equally you could get a positive test which ends up being a chemical pregnancy (so you test again later and its negative and you get af). Gutting. Sit on those hands!
Also don't pay too much attention to the 'early test' tests, they tend to be expensive and not much better. Test with a basic test when your af is due or as ellangirl says maybe the day before.

MeconiumHappens Fri 08-Jul-11 13:36:16

didnt realise it had to be room temp, how odd! id just pee on it...
and DONT TEST EARLY even though we all REALLY want to as its a recipe for disaster

havealittlefaithbaby Fri 08-Jul-11 16:35:33

I have decided not to keep tests in the house. In fact I'm going on holiday tomorrow and af is due next week. Not even going to test while I'm there hmm

PoppyAmex Sat 09-Jul-11 19:48:26

I read all your wise words, nodded a lot and then proceeded eagerly to test this morning (8 dpo). Unsurprisingly got a BFN and have been feeling deflated most of the day.

Between insuline resistance, thyroid problem and living in far flung places across the planet, I have been waiting for so long to start TTC that I might go nuts in the next few months!

Havealittlefaithbaby - kudos to you, hope you enjoy your holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now