Talk

Advanced search

Still not up the duff

(63 Posts)
littlewater Tue 05-Jul-11 22:02:26

well I'm still not up the duff. Only been 3 months. Feeling a little blue oh well of to work tomorrow.
Lw

NinjaChipmunk Tue 05-Jul-11 22:09:17

me neither. S'not fair <sniff>

littlewater Tue 05-Jul-11 22:10:55

Did you see those babes on the tv? sad(

NinjaChipmunk Tue 05-Jul-11 22:12:24

no, avoided it as pregnant bellies and small babies set me off a bit at the moment! Was it sad?

kalo12 Tue 05-Jul-11 22:14:46

eat some coconut and sweet potato

littlewater Tue 05-Jul-11 22:15:52

Dunno just saw a small babe in the hospital, and felt sad. I just have to wait for my babe.

itsohsoquiet Tue 05-Jul-11 22:16:13

I've also been trying three months and now on 2ww. Seems like forever already doesn't it? I know there are some who have been waiting a lot longer than us but it's still sooooo hard sad

NinjaChipmunk Tue 05-Jul-11 22:20:42

This is my 15th month of trying for #2. Going through that many 2ww's melts parts of your brain.

NinjaChipmunk Tue 05-Jul-11 22:21:12

BTW coconut and sweet potato? Eh?

littlewater Tue 05-Jul-11 22:24:59

I've raided the chocolate and ice-cream tub.

essexmumma Tue 05-Jul-11 22:26:05

Me neither and feel guilty for feeling sad as have only been TTC for 2 months (although DH likes to say we just not using contraception rather than TTC) and people have been going through the same but over years! I feel like I physically ache for DC %232.

I know people say 'oh well you have one DC' but its still hard. Fell pregnant with DD without even trying too. My AF us a week late for 1st time EVER but negative test so know it's just a blip. Makes it more delayed though!!!!sad sad sad

essexmumma Tue 05-Jul-11 22:28:56

Sorry 'ache for DC number 2' blush

buggerlugs82 Wed 06-Jul-11 12:25:09

Ladies this is going to sound very harsh BUT - You've only been trying 3 months and already you sound obsessed beyond obsessed!

Chill out, enjoy shagging, forget the science and go with it.

(speaking from someone who has been TTC 12 months!)

It really isnt healthy.

OracleInaCoracle Wed 06-Jul-11 12:27:04

what buggerlugs said. been ttc for 6 years. stop it.

Ariesgirl Wed 06-Jul-11 12:30:48

What Lissie and Bugger said.

NinjaChipmunk Wed 06-Jul-11 12:33:25

I agree. At 3 months you are worrying over nothing. Don't do it to yourselves.

WorzselMummage Wed 06-Jul-11 12:36:20

3 months confused

There are people on here who have been TTC for 7 years!

buggerlugs82 Wed 06-Jul-11 12:42:45

And longer! Come on girls, stop coming on MN, get a night out with the girls arranged and go get smashed.

At 3 months you will get little sympathy here - sorry.

littlewater Wed 06-Jul-11 16:51:52

Sorry bugger,
It's just I get very upset on my first day of my period.

Lw

buggerlugs82 Wed 06-Jul-11 17:21:49

Hey i TOTALLY understand, i wasnt meaning to be harsh.

Look at it this way - at least you can still drink and sleep. Embrace the last few months of your life without having to put another persons needs before your own!!!

essexmumma Wed 06-Jul-11 17:25:08

Dont apologise LW - you can be sad, if thats how you feel you cant change it but the other ladies are right, it hasnt been long for us yet. I like the going out and getting smashed idea (think thats how it happened last timesmile). x

ruthieCohen Wed 06-Jul-11 17:31:33

Look, it's not a competition. You are entitled to feel glum no matter how long you've been trying. All the best for next month, chaps.

raspberrytipple Wed 06-Jul-11 18:29:45

Feel your pain. I think it's because in this day and age people don't take the 'wait and see if it happens' relaxed kind of approach, we plan life to the 'n'th degree so when we decide to try for a baby it's Because we want that baby now.

I've had another friend announce today and she is the last person in the world I expected the news from, I literally sat at my work desk and sobbed, for about an hr. Then pulled myself together and emailed her back to say congrats. I am over the moon for her because she said she had been trying since last august so I'm sure has stressed about it a few times.

Don't know where I'm going with this but I think it stings like hell how ever long you've been trying and sometimes it helps to just have a good cry when AF arrives then get excited for all the shagging that then needs to be done smile

ElmMum Wed 06-Jul-11 18:41:08

Come on ladies. Of course it's worse to have been trying for 7 years but the disappointment each month is still horrible and it's the not knowing that is hard. Three months still feels like an age. Good luck to the newly TTC. I hope you don't have to try for too long smile

ElmMum Wed 06-Jul-11 18:41:30

And obviously good luck to those who've been trying for ages too blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now