Talk

Advanced search

Would you TTC if you were me?

(10 Posts)
WashYourHands Mon 04-Jul-11 18:16:40

Regular namechanger

Where do I begin....

I haven't felt "well" for years - was trying to sort out what was wrong with me 3 years ago when I accidentally fell pg with DS. Apart from having horrendous morning sickness, I felt better than I had done in a long time.

I was very slightly overweight when I got pg with him and put on about 2 and a half stone during the pregnancy, but I lost 2 stone of this within 2 weeks of giving birth shock!

I have now put back on the 2 stone I lost, so I am back to my 9 months pg weight and I have just edged into the obese category sad.

I am trying to lose weight, and have been for about 2 years. I am also back to constantly feeling tired, have no energy and I always have niggling pains, feel sick a lot, bowel problems, have a very dry nose and eyes/sinus issues.

I have also had a few problems down below - dryness, superficial pain during sex, as well as some deep pain occasionally.

I have seen the GP for all of this, and have had various blood tests and vaginal swabs/smear, and all have come back as normal.

She has now arranged for me to have a repeat ultrasound of my ovaries, and then if that shows nothing, a laparoscopy.

I'm dreading it all to be honest, and I feel that it is all going to take such a long time to sort out, that I don't know when we will be in a position to start TTC.

We've been saying for 2 years that we will start trying once I lose the weight/get my health sorted, but I'm now wondering whether or not to try now.

Any advice appreciated smile.

weimy Mon 04-Jul-11 18:30:17

I would wait until you have information from the tests.

Hope you get things worked out.

WashYourHands Mon 04-Jul-11 20:49:04

Thank you

lalabaloo Mon 04-Jul-11 22:27:36

Have you been tested for coeliac disease before? It has lots of symptoms including fatigue, bowel problems, sickness etc. The good news is it is easily treated with a gluten free diet! Apologies if you have been tested, it's just one of those things that slips past GPs often as the symptoms can be so varied. I was only diagnosed by accident really!

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 05-Jul-11 06:27:40

I agree it could be coeliac bit if doc says it didn't Show in blood tests may be worth doing a food diary to see if anything helps/aggravates it. I have Ibs and avoid wheat, I actually did an elimination diet to work it .out! I also find probiotics help to settle my tummy and keep me regular. The thing that's helped the most though is changing my diet, I'm now gluten free and on a low sugar diet. I cook more from scratch which helps too.

WashYourHands Tue 05-Jul-11 11:57:54

lalabaloo and havealittlefaith - yes I have been tested - that was one of the tests I had done. However I also had an independent intolerance test that showed up that I was intolerant to gluten, though not strictly coeliac, so I do try to avoid gluten in my diet.

I just wish there was a magic cure!!!

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 05-Jul-11 18:04:25

Have you ever pushed to get a biopsy?! I too wish for a magic cure.

WashYourHands Wed 06-Jul-11 09:44:52

Sorry, not sure what you mean by a biopsy? A biopsy on what?

lalabaloo Wed 06-Jul-11 19:47:51

The definitive diagnosis of coeliac disease is a biopsy of the intestine to check for damage, sounds awful but not that bad. Worth asking for if there is any doubt or blood test inconclusive.

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 06-Jul-11 21:23:09

That's what I meant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now