Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Feeling pregnant for over a couple of weeks now but tests negative?

(7 Posts)
yoodle Sun 03-Jul-11 21:19:10

This month I had a really light periods which is unlike me, 16 days after I had this light period and have had pregnancy symptoms for 20 days now I tested neg.

But I just feel pregnant! What is going on? I am not ttc so know I am not wishing myself pregnant.

I just feel exhausted, metallic taste is now driving me insane, gone a bit spotty which normally happens and the big one for me which happens everytime i'm pregnant is I poo three times a day not loose but actually feel a bit constipated.

So if I fell pregnant around day 14 of my last cycle and my last period was not a true period then I would be 6/7 weeks pregnant and surely would have got a bfp by now like I did with previous pregnancies?

But maybe there is a chance my ovulation was later and so I am only four weeks hence the neg result? I am driving myself mad here.

I even thought maybe I have mc and the hormones are still making me feel pregnant but giving me bfn. If so surely the bleed would have been heavy that I had and not light.

I just wish I did not have these symptoms that I am aware of all day because its just on my mind all of the time. I'm on a big girls night out this week and I dont actually fancy the idea of drinking (not me). I've not been out in so long and i've been looking forward to it for weeks. But not now as I feel so tired.

yoodle Sun 03-Jul-11 21:22:03

oh forgot to say that I've had powerdy/creamy discharge in pants in the last week. just counted and i am on day 17 of my cycle so does that normally happen about this time. i thought I should have had a jelly discharge around day 14-16?

yoodle Sun 03-Jul-11 21:37:38

bump

yoodle Sun 03-Jul-11 22:09:41

i've just wasted a whole hour googling this, anyone out there?

maybe it is all in my head... i need a holiday!

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 03-Jul-11 22:17:41

Bless you! Usually even at four weeks you would see a bfp. The only possibilities are either you're not pregnant it you.are but the hcg isn't showing in your wee. If you'd had an mc and still felt pregnant I think you'd still get a bfp because its still in your system. Tbh I think you should wait to see how you feel over the next week. You could go to your GP and ask for a blood test to put your mind at rest. Sounds like you're a bit stressed?! Could this make you feel ill? Maybe a virus.
Discharge varies, I've been getting more in the hot weather. Mostly creamy.
Hope you.feel.better soon and get a clear answer. Hth

yoodle Mon 04-Jul-11 11:00:43

Thank you for your message. I am not that stressed but just want to know either way. I just feel pregnant and think I will get blood test.

yoodle Mon 04-Jul-11 23:28:19

I did not get a chance to call gp today so will do tomorrow to see if they will do a blood test. I have a bloated tummy, this metallic taste is driving me mad and I keep eating to get rid of it. Tonight I was going to have a glass of wine but I could not face it. I'm supposed to be going on a big girls night out this weekend. I just dont fancy alcohol right now. This is so weird. I must be having some kind of phantom pregnancy even though I was not ttc. I can not think if any other explanation. If I just had a couple of symptoms you could match it to something but I have a whole list of pregnancy symptoms that have been going on for two weeks now. I am not ill because I look fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: