Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else exhausting their DH / DP trying to conceive?!?

(7 Posts)
coffeeandcream Sun 03-Jul-11 21:15:33

Evening all,

I'm sure this must have been discussed before (I'm quite new to MN), but is anyone else knackering their other half in the bedroom department?!

Normally my georgeous, fabulous man-in-a-million DH has a far higher sex drive than me, but since we've benn TTC, he can't seem to keep up with me!
Neither of us has ever had a problem with 'performance' shall we say, but we're so focussed on TTC that, we're feeling quite pressured to get the job done.

Anyone else felt the same or have any wise words?

IWouldNotCouldNotWithAGoat Sun 03-Jul-11 21:33:38

Not yet, but I have decided that by the end of the month he will feel like he's been hit like a train.

Good luck by the way smile

Signet2012 Sun 03-Jul-11 21:40:16

Mine isnt complaining as yet.

Apart from to say "if i knew this ttc business would make you this up for it id have said we should have done it years ago"

I think he will pretty gutted when i fall if the pracisting stops haha

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 03-Jul-11 22:25:58

Yes we've managed 6 swu in 7 days! He is very proud smile and snoring next to me! Couldn't keep his eyes open after 9!
We've had issues both in terms of performance and it becoming functional. We try to make it about each other not just sex! So the best thing we do us come to bed for 'naked time', sex is on the take but not a requisite, no blame on either side if it doesn't happen. I'll up the ante by wearing perfume and nice undies if I can! We also have massage oil. Don't underestimate how goid that is- doing something nice for the other person, helps to destress and also skin to skin contact usually gets us in the mood wink. Swi is more enjoyable if we've unwound first.
Make sure he's on a good multivitamin to give him energy and ensure sperm quality. I found Tesco 'wellman' capsule best value for money/ content. He needs zinc, ginseng and magnesium! Good luck!

VikingLady Thu 07-Jul-11 15:18:06

I actually signed up to MN this morning to see if anyone was having this problem! He says i am going to wear it away...

Supposed to be staying relaxed and cheerful to aid pregnancy (according to dr) but not easy when I know that he knows that it is (partly) for conception...

AllChange2011 Fri 08-Jul-11 12:23:04

Hello all,

We have just started SWI and so far my DH is loving it!! I've just started working from home so I have a lot more energy anyway which is why we've had more time for each other and so far managed to keep it very chilled out! Like I said VERY early days though!
good luck everyone xxx

coffeeandcream Wed 13-Jul-11 18:45:16

Sorry for seriously late reply ladies - but thanks for your comments.

havealittlefaithbaby - some very sound advice, thanks!

We've had a bit of a break recently - my fertile days came and went and AF is due tomorrow ... we'll see

C&C

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now