Talk

Advanced search

The decorators aren't due for another week, so what might this mean?

(8 Posts)
bingeddybongo Sun 03-Jul-11 13:26:37

I realise this is going to be one of those slightly irritating posts that no-one really knows how to answer, or probably can't be bothered to, partly because it's probably just one of those "just go and get yourself a ruddy test to take, woman" type posts, but I can't do that because shops aren't open on a Sunday where I am and I really need to just share this as I'm right up against a really important work deadline and am having serious trouble concentrating...

My husband and I are planning to start TTC in a couple of months and I'm about five weeks into taking folic acid. The last few days I have been thinking to myself, "crikey, I don't half have sore boobs, I must be ovulating, gosh isn't it amazing how now I know what the ovulation symptoms are I can tell when I'm ovulating?" but after a bit of action with my husband this morning he pointed out I was discharging a bit of brown stuff, only noticeable to me when wiping, which has totally confused me: my period isn't due for another week and I've always been extremely regular. All of which sort of points in a particular direction, but although I'm not on the pill we're extremely careful about using condoms.

I don't suppose anyone else has any suggestions of anything else it could mean, please? Thank you smile

MeconiumHappens Sun 03-Jul-11 14:36:06

implantation......? Looking forward to test results tomorrow smile

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 03-Jul-11 14:39:49

Where exactly are you in your cycle? Are you only a couple of weeks into your cycle then? I'm not sure a test would so anything at this point. it could be implantation as meconium says. Sadly you may just have to join us in a horrible 2ww til your period is due to get an answer!

bingeddybongo Sun 03-Jul-11 14:54:46

Thank you both so much for replying smile My husband is not in the least bit interested in the workings of my bits so it's lovely to know there's someone else out there to chat to on a Sunday afternoon ;)

havealittlefaith I'm on day 22 of a regular 28 day cycle. I don't really know much about any of this business yet (when I'm allowed to test and whatnot) so thanks for your advice. I was wondering whether it was maybe to do with stress or something, but perhaps I'll have to wait it out till next weekend and see what happens. Gah.

bingeddybongo Sun 03-Jul-11 15:02:07

ps if that overexcited husband of mine has been putting pins in condoms I'll kill him ;)

bingeddybongo Sun 03-Jul-11 15:08:15

Oh. I have just been looking at my diary and realised that two months ago I recorded my AF arrival date incorrectly... so it appears I just can't do maths and I am in fact on schedule like clockwork. Amazing though how against all logic a tiny tingle of excitement can appear though!

Thank you both again for your responses and sorry for wasting your time blush

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 03-Jul-11 15:18:07

Hey its not time wasting its putting your mind at ease! That happened to me once got all excited that my period was late then realised I'd used my period ticket app and put day 1 of the cycle two days running so it was a week out! All the best when you do ttc smile

bingeddybongo Sun 03-Jul-11 15:22:23

Haha... thank you, havealittlefaith! Good luck to you too, whatever stage you are at smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now