Talk

Advanced search

Until what point of pregnancy can you get a BFN even if you are, in fact, pregnant?

(12 Posts)
IWouldNotCouldNotWithAGoat Fri 01-Jul-11 06:11:12

FFS.

My period is late. It is never late. We are ttc.But nothing but bfn. angry

Anyone been in the same boat?

goingmadtrying Fri 01-Jul-11 06:33:45

I was due on Sunday and still nothing spoke to my dr yesterday and she said to wait a week and test again and she said she wouldn't be concerned until you miss more than 1 period as it's common to miss one!

fuzzpig Fri 01-Jul-11 06:44:25

Well most tests say they won't work until 1 week after your period is due, so I'd wait til you're a week late.

Hope you get the BFP soon smile

IWouldNotCouldNotWithAGoat Fri 01-Jul-11 21:42:06

Thank you. smile

Still no period, still bfn angry

I just want to KNOW!

havealittlefaithbaby Sat 02-Jul-11 07:23:14

I was under the impression most tests are accurate the day of your missed period?! What type of test did you use? Some are more sensitive than others.
Any possibility your ovulation was delayed? in Illness/stress if the body doesn't think you're ready to ovulate it holds off til a better time in the month. Late ovulation can result in late af. The other possibility is you didn't ovulate this cycle

havealittlefaithbaby Sat 02-Jul-11 07:24:25

Went too soon! Most women have a couple of anovulatory cycles a year. I had one recently, my af was latest its ever been and pms was awful! Could it be that?

BeamReach Sat 02-Jul-11 08:15:23

I think I read somewhere, and that somewhere may have been fertilityfriend, that 95 percent test positive by day 17 after ovulation (to know when his is you would have to have some idea when/if you ovulated)... also I guess it depends on what time of day you test/ how dilute the wee is.

claricestar Sat 02-Jul-11 22:41:22

I was in this position a few weeks ago...kept getting bfns, then started getting bfps 20 days after missed af. According to last af I am 9+4 weeks but I won't know for sure until my scan.

silverangel Sun 03-Jul-11 15:05:01

I was five days late before I got a very feint bfp. Spent a fortune on tests, didn't show up on first response either, and I'm having twins...

lalabaloo Sun 03-Jul-11 18:34:13

I have just started my period 53 days after my last one, usually have regular 32 day cycles but think ovulation must have been delayed for me. It's incredibly frustrating! Good luck, and let us know either way x

IWouldNotCouldNotWithAGoat Sun 03-Jul-11 21:01:04

Bloody bollocking AF came today, 5 days late.

sad

Ah well, onwards and upwards! Thanks for support, ladies!

havealittlefaithbaby Mon 04-Jul-11 19:30:55

Sorry to hear that! Hope you get that bfp soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now