Talk

Advanced search

Possible to have chemical pregnancy/miscarriage after only 8 days??

(7 Posts)
LancyLass Fri 01-Jul-11 00:55:21

I feel stupid even asking this... V new to this - TTC for 2nd month now. No children. (And 1st time posting on Mumsnet!)... but...
Is it possible to have had a chemical pregnancy and miscarriage after only 8 days? Have had a freaky month.

Started taking BBT last month. On day after temp first rose was expecting another higher temp to confirm if ovulated, but had a fever temp of 38C. Ended up being v ill with some sort of stomach bug, so didn't take temp for rest of cycle so didn't get full month's data.

On 8th day after estimated ovulation (and DTD) AF started. I have irregular cycles - ranged between 20 and 35 days over the years, but recently hovers about 24 days. This was day 21 so bit earlier than usual. Then flow was different to usual pattern, lasted 6 days (usually 4 to 5) followed by 4 days of spotting (and still going on - usually get 1 or 2 at most).

It seems a coincidence that I get an earlier and different period just after starting TTC. Or could it just be my body's gone haywire from being ill? (Also big coincidence that got fever on day temp should have gone up anyway, but I'm assuming that really IS a coincidence!)

I read that if you've had a chemical pregnancy you should leave it a month before trying again. Keen not to lose a month - I'm 37, so now we've finally decided to go for it, after years of indecision, every month seems precious!

AlpinePony Fri 01-Jul-11 06:06:56

Morning. Could it have been the fabled 'implantation' bleeding? Have you poas?

I've never heard about waiting after a chemical and wouldn't anyway. I'm 37 too and just got my bfp, started trying immediately after my docs said I could after emcs a year ago today (smile) - not going to wait for 'optimal' timetables!

Good luck! Lots of us older, successful ones around here.

AlpinePony Fri 01-Jul-11 06:09:13

PS yes it's perfectly possible (and normal!) For your body to start fecking with you when you start paying attention to the contents of your gusset! ;)

LancyLass Fri 01-Jul-11 18:13:56

No haven't poas. Thought the likelihood of getting a bfp so quickly after starting ttc was so unlikely I hadn't even considered it! I didn't really want to get into the obsessive (and stressful) poas each month and thought I'd just wait for AF. Am I being naive?!

Congrats on the bfp, fingers crossed it goes well.

LancyLass Fri 01-Jul-11 18:28:54

P.S. Temp went back down to low levels in last few days so that means can't be pg anyway doesn't it? Just this wierd spotting. Still going today.

AlpinePony Fri 01-Jul-11 19:53:57

A little naive maybe. ;) everyone feels chilled and in control the first month, by month 3 you're getting 'testy' (attitude I mean, not clinical) and by month 6 you'll be hissing at your frightened partner 'just get on with it'.

It's a romantic game.

I'm afraid I never temper (irregular sleep) but I gather the lower temps are not positive. The spotting could be almost anything... I never in my life noticed any until I started ttc! Cervical erosion? Obviously if it doesn't clear up a visit to the doc is in order.

LancyLass Fri 01-Jul-11 23:32:34

I'm wondering about the temping myself as my sleep patterns are irregular too. Temps are a bit all over the place although seems to be a vague trend! Off to the doc on Monday if no change I think. Thanks for all the advice. Here's hoping I can try to stay relaxed about it all for as many months as poss!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now