Talk

Advanced search

Why Do I get sore boobs on day 21 and is it a good/bad sign of ovulation/everything being OK?

(5 Posts)
themsthebreaks Thu 30-Jun-11 15:30:40

Hi all. been trying to conceive dc3 for 7 months now. My youngest DC is nearly 3, and since I have been ttc and therefore focusing on my cycles I realise I have different symptons/signs of things than I did before my DC.
In particular, I get sore boobs on day 21 every cycle. I really dont remember getting this before - and not sure if it means anything. Have googled but cnat understand wehy this is - I think I read somewhere it might mean you havent ovulated, but cant find that again - does anyone have any info on this?
I have been using opk as my cycle length can vary by a few days - and this month for the first time I didnt get a positive (am using digital) so thought maybe I hadnt ovulated, but now, as usual, I have sore boobs on day 21.
The other thing is that I sometimes get a dull ache on the left hand side of my pelvis, that I can sometimes feel down to me knee, and I wonder too if that is a sign something is wrong.
I think I will see my GP to discuss - I have held off as dont just want to seem impatient, as I know it can take time.
But I am getting myself worried that perhaps I am not ovulating, that the day 21 sore boobs and the ache in pelvis is a sign of something not being right.
Any experience of advice very gratefully received.
Thanks v much.

eurochick Thu 30-Jun-11 15:54:29

My acupuncturist told me that sore boobs was just your body's reaction to the progesterone rise post-ov.

The ache - who knows? Could be normal. Could be any number of things.

themsthebreaks Thu 30-Jun-11 19:54:40

thank you - so perhaps the sore boobs on day 21 is in fact a good sign.
I just dont rmeember when we were trying for DC1 (which took about 8 months so was v much symptom spotting!)

havealittlefaithbaby Fri 01-Jul-11 06:20:44

I get sore boobs from a few dpo right through to just before af. Never had it before ttc! Prior to meeting DH I had regular af, very few symptoms. The sore boobs got really bad after a year of ttc. They swell so much I've bought bras a size bigger! I found magnesium helped balance my mood and minimise the pain. I think it is quite normal.

themsthebreaks Fri 01-Jul-11 18:19:23

thats so interesting - exactly the same as me! and I know i didnt get it before, because when not ttc I was so wary of being accidentally pg (because of work things)...and these sore boobs are exactly like sore pg boobs. So the first month I got them when ttc I was 99% certain I was pg. And then I wasnt....and now I get them every month! very weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now