Talk

Advanced search

Silicone Lube and TTC

(8 Posts)
FloydieDoydie Tue 28-Jun-11 17:15:06

My DP and I have just decided to TTC and I'm wondering if we are okay to carry on using a silicone based lubricant. Has anyone checked with their doctor if it's alright/safe/won't stop us from conceiving etc?

Readynow Tue 28-Jun-11 17:59:27

Not sure but I know ConceivePlus is definately safe to use as a lubricant when ttc! You can get it in Boots. Think I have read that most lubricants, other than those specifically designed to be used when ttc, are not very good when ttc as they can be harmful to sperm. hope this helps

FloydieDoydie Tue 28-Jun-11 22:05:34

Yeah, I thought it mightn't be conducive to conception grin. Will look out for it next time I'm in Boots. Thanks!

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 29-Jun-11 06:41:02

Most actually say they may slow sperm down! The other alternative is pre-seed.

eurochick Wed 29-Jun-11 21:24:12

According to the blurb on the box of conceiveplus, normal lube is difficult for sperm to swim through. I have tried conceiveplus and the texture isn't as good as Durex Play and it doesn't stay slippy for as long but it does the job. I've heard of the brand preseed but never tried it myself.

TheLemur Thu 30-Jun-11 14:41:23

pre-seed's great, get it from here

FancyALittle Thu 30-Jun-11 18:02:59

I wouldn't use silicone lube, but would go for something like Sliquid H2O which is the 'cleanest' lube on the market (no parabens which are preservatives and no glycol or glycerine derivatives which alter your pH). If you compare the ingredients list, it actually contains fewer ingredients than ConceivePlus, Pre-Seed or Yes! Baby. I think the 'conception' specific lubes are a bit of a triumph in marketing really and cost a lot more.

MrsCog Fri 01-Jul-11 12:30:22

Another vote for preseed - got a BFP this month after 3 months of trying using a diff lube

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now