Talk

Advanced search

Vitamin B complex AND conception vitamins?

(4 Posts)
LoveInAColdClimate Tue 28-Jun-11 13:12:18

Hello all.

I have been taking conception vitamins plus 100mg of vitamin B6 (hoping to correct my short luteal phase) for the last couple of months. Have just run out of the B6 and replaced them with a vitamin B complex. It's now occurred to me that it might not be such a cracking idea to be taking that along with the conception vitamins. Any thoughts? Thanks!

LoveInAColdClimate Tue 28-Jun-11 13:14:36

In case there are any serious vitamin experts reading this, these - www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=44&prodid=665&cid=83&sid=0 - are the B vitamins and these - www.boots.com/en/Boots-Pharmaceuticals-Conception-Support-30-Tablets-_1161201/?CAWELAID=723407081&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engines-_-Google%20Base-_---_-Boots%20Pharmaceuticals%20Conception%20Support%2030%20Tablets - are the conception ones. Thanks!

eurochick Tue 28-Jun-11 18:14:53

I have just started taking 100mg of B6 too and stopped my Pregnacare as I didn't want to take too much of it (it also contains B6). I mentioned it to my acupuncturist and she said it shouldn't be a problem because it is a water soluable vitamin but I have read mixed things on the internet so I am sticking to leaving off the Pregnacare atm. I am taking folic acid separately though.

LoveInAColdClimate Tue 28-Jun-11 21:35:51

Thanks, eurochick. My conception vitamins only contain a tiny bit of B6 so I'm not too worried about that, but if I take both I'll be having way over the normal dose for some other stuff. Might ask my GP and acupuncturist. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now