Talk

Advanced search

spotting today.. when to test?

(3 Posts)
islanzadi Mon 27-Jun-11 19:39:08

i've been recording my periods for 6 months ( using p tracker app). it started because it was useful to know when it was coming next so i could plan events. me and my husband have recently started trying for a baby. according to my app my ovulation date was 21st.

My period is due in a week and today i noticed some light brown spotting. it was very little but i never get spotting between periods. my head has been killing me today as well..

i'm trying (very hard) not to make symptoms up but this was a bit odd as i never had any spotting before.

things i've recorded in the past few days are :

constipation and gassy blush
light cramps in my pelvis
headaches
spotting a week before period.

oh and i couldn't finish my fizzy cola sweets! they made me retch!

i love fizzy cola sweets sad

i know i might be completely unreasonable with all this but i really don't know what to expect. no one irl knows we're ttc so i can't discuss this with anyone else apart from my hubby. and he's very relaxed..!

when should i test first? i have some cheapy hpt's from amazon and 2 clear blue digital.

MandaHugNKiss Mon 27-Jun-11 19:45:35

My last pregnancy I spotted from 6dpo-9dpo and got a very very faint line on a first reaponse early result at 10dpo (was a very clear line the next day at 11dpo)

Your symptoms sound promising but you really need to hold on a few days (if you really want to test early, as many do!). I think if you are pregnant, you have a chance of it showing on an early pregnancy test around 10dpo (so hang on at least four days!)

You may still get a negative at that point though, even if you are indeed pregnant.

islanzadi Mon 27-Jun-11 20:13:21

i could buy a first response but i don't have he ££ to spare at the moment sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now