Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone conceived after having a really grim case of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

(2 Posts)
PIDPonderings Mon 27-Jun-11 15:24:16

Namechanged for this.

After some fobbing off from the GP, I went to A+E with severe abdo pain, thinking it might be appendicitis. To cut a long story short, it was PID and I had a laparoscopy for drainage of an abcess on my uterus. The left ovary looked ok, althought there was widspread inflammation everywhere. The right ovary was very inflammed with some adhesions.

I was warned of increased risk of infertility/ectopic pregnancy and everything I've read indicates that I've had a very bad case of PID.

Has anyone had similar and managed to conceive?

We are very lucky to already have a lovely dd, but I would love another child sad

sneezecakesmum Mon 27-Jun-11 23:04:46

Nothing is ever impossible, and plenty of women have conceived, but your PID does sound bad. You may need IVF in the future. A lot of NHS trusts wont fund this now, so it might be a good idea to get saving - its usually sods law that if you have no money saved you end up needing it! And if you conceive you can have a lovely celebratory holiday!

Discuss your options with you GP (ask for a referral to gynae)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now