Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Has anyone conceived after having a really grim case of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

(2 Posts)
PIDPonderings Mon 27-Jun-11 15:24:16

Namechanged for this.

After some fobbing off from the GP, I went to A+E with severe abdo pain, thinking it might be appendicitis. To cut a long story short, it was PID and I had a laparoscopy for drainage of an abcess on my uterus. The left ovary looked ok, althought there was widspread inflammation everywhere. The right ovary was very inflammed with some adhesions.

I was warned of increased risk of infertility/ectopic pregnancy and everything I've read indicates that I've had a very bad case of PID.

Has anyone had similar and managed to conceive?

We are very lucky to already have a lovely dd, but I would love another child sad

sneezecakesmum Mon 27-Jun-11 23:04:46

Nothing is ever impossible, and plenty of women have conceived, but your PID does sound bad. You may need IVF in the future. A lot of NHS trusts wont fund this now, so it might be a good idea to get saving - its usually sods law that if you have no money saved you end up needing it! And if you conceive you can have a lovely celebratory holiday!

Discuss your options with you GP (ask for a referral to gynae)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: