Talk

Advanced search

is it too late so frustrated, wish i hadn't waited.

(3 Posts)
s43ll Sat 25-Jun-11 19:53:16

well iam 30 now and came of contraceptive inplant in feb but was on the pill for many years before then. not even sure my cyces have returned to normal yet but then after years of contraception iam not sure what normal is for me anymore.
my cycles since stopping contraception have been between 31 and 37days. ive tried to not get to wrapped up in charting, temperature taking etc etc but have been keeping on eye on my cm, as of yet ive not observed the ewcm but i do seem to have more discharge on some days of my cycle then others. so dont even know if iam ovulating.
is soo frustrated now as i feel ive spent so many years trying to stop myself from geting pregnancy and now iam worried that i actually cant. the thought of waiting years that i havent got is a nightmare.

OracleInaCoracle Sat 25-Jun-11 19:56:24

ok, so you have been ttc for 6m? yes? that is not a long time. most women take up to 18m to concieve their first child. that said, maybe go to your gp about irregular cycles and ask for bloods to confirm ovulation.

Ladybee Mon 27-Jun-11 12:26:27

It is frustrating to find that after all those years spent trying NOT to get pregnant, it then doesn't happen immediately, or even at the 3rd go. But as lissie says, 6 months without conception isn't unusual, most GPs will tell you to keep having regular (i.e. every 2-3 days throughout your cycle), unprotected sex for 12 months and then come and see them if you haven't conceived.
You're 30, that's the right side of 35 so try not to panic about time running out etc.

Some women don't get a lot of EWCM, or it doesn't show up as described in the books or websites. You feeling like you have more discharge, or are a bit more lubricated is probably the right thing to be noticing. Maybe just mark it on in a diary and try to see whether it's showing up around 2 weeks before the start of your next period. If it is, then that's probably your fertile sign and you can feel a bit more confident about what your body is telling you next month.

Everyone worries that they might have fertility problems when they're TTC - but it mostly comes down to statistics. On any one cycle most people have around 1 in 4 chance of getting pregnant if they have sex during the fertile time. Try not to worry, but maybe do just take a few more notes about what's going on in your cycles and taking it from there. If you are really worried that you're not ovulating, for whatever reason, then talk about with your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now