Talk

Advanced search

TTC after Miscarriage

(5 Posts)
Twittwooo Fri 24-Jun-11 11:24:17

I miscarried just over a week ago and DH and I are keen to start TTC as soon as possible. I'm sure there are lots of threads on this topic but I've struggled to find a recent one, so apologies if I'm duplicating here! I'm just looking for some advice really.

My doctor said most people wait until after first AF but that there is no reason not to try straight after, so that's what we're going to do. I only bled for a couple of days with no pain, and the first day of that happening was 9 days ago. I think we're going to treat the m/c as though it was a normal period and start TTC again this weekend. Does anyone have experience of this? My plan is to TTC but if my period doesn't come I'm going to try hard not to get excited and I won't test for at least a couple of months after the m/c. I know it can take a while for AF to come after m/c and also, if and when I do become pregnant, I don't want to know very early this time just in case.

Would love to hear from anyone who has been in this situation and may be able to offer words of advice.

DizzyKipper Fri 24-Jun-11 13:05:49

Hi Twittwooo.

I'm in the same situation, though not exactly brimming with useful advice. I MC'd on the 1st June, like you were're treating this cycle as though it were a regular cycle and so would be expecting AF this Wednesday. It sounds like you've got the right idea, don't get excited if AF doesn't come because your cycle could be haywire right now.

Have you actually done a test yet to make sure you've got a BFN? For some women the pregnancy hormones take ages to leave the system and this can lead to a false BFP later on. That's about the only bit of advice I have, make sure you get that BFN, then carry on as normal.

Good luck smile

Reallee Sat 25-Jun-11 21:23:48

Hi twitiwoo, hope you' feeling loads better now, I just joined the march 2012 bus, turns out I didn't have a miscarriage but a chemical pregnancy as lost it so early. Hopefully you'll join and I'll catch up with you there.

Twittwooo Sun 26-Jun-11 17:02:12

Hi DizzyKipper and Realle - thanks for the advice and kind words. I did a HPT yesterday and it's negative, so that only took 10 days post MC. We have started trying again now, so fingers crossed for both of us Dizzy! Hope to catch up with you on another thread Reallee. xx

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Sun 26-Jun-11 17:29:25

Hi twittwooo

I mc at the end of nov and am now due on 8th sept shock grin

I had an internal and external scan on dec 15th so mw had used this for my dates as I obviously wasn't pg then, oy to be told at first scan I was nearly three weeks further than thought. So yes I was already pg again just so early they couldn't see it!

I only tested cause I realised I hadn't had an af, in fact was on the mc thread when I did it so they found out before dh (don't tell him).

My understanding is they like you to have a period just so they can date you properly.

Good luck it does happen x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now