Talk

Advanced search

Faulty test?

(7 Posts)
toddlerama Thu 23-Jun-11 07:33:39

I did a test this morning (far too early - period not due for another 3 days) and the test line came up pink, but no control line. The test instructions say disregard and retest (grrrr....I bet they wont refund me, will they???). Has this happened to anyone else? Were you pregnant when you retested? Obviously, I'm going to have to get another one today and do it tomorrow anyway, but I just wondered how often this happens and also whether it was a sign of a BFP or whether it means absolutely nothing. TIA

toddlerama Thu 23-Jun-11 07:49:08

Shameless bump

goingmadtrying Thu 23-Jun-11 07:53:00

Sorry toddlerama no advice but I do think it's shocking it must be the only thing in the world you can't get your money back if faulty!!! Hope you get your bfp later, I tested early on my last 2 pregnancies and it all turned out ok fx for you smile

toddlerama Thu 23-Jun-11 08:04:01

Thanks goingmadtrying. I tested early and BFP on my last 2 too, but I've never been dicked around like this before. The trouble is, I can feel myself getting excited and I dont.want.to.do.this.! I can't get all excited over a non-result because I will feel so let down (1st month with no protection - so would be amazing!). We've been so careful with each other, saying "We're not trying, just seeing what happens" and now on the first month I'm freaking out over pink lines. Apparently I have no ability to play it cool....

goingmadtrying Thu 23-Jun-11 08:26:38

That's ttc for you grin fx you get a clear answer soon smile

DizzyKipper Thu 23-Jun-11 09:59:25

Yes that's happened to me before, and no I wasn't pregnant. Unfortunately it means nothing and you'll have to wait until you retest. Best of luck.

toddlerama Thu 23-Jun-11 14:31:04

Walked to Tesco to get another one, and AF came on the way home. Bugger!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now