Talk

Advanced search

clomid - trying to concieve

(7 Posts)
kelmcdonald Wed 22-Jun-11 20:56:12

hi im new to this site and new to clomid. this is my first cycle of clomid, i was given 100mg to start on day 2-6 and im now on day 28, im not sure if i ovulated or not, although i did have cramping in both left and right side of my stomache. i have been put on clomid due to irregular periods and not ovulating. so far i have had hot flushes and bloatedness, loss of appetite (which soon came bk lol) headaches, very slight blurred vision(but that subsided quickly) the only thing i still have is i cant shift the heavy bloating feeling i dont no why im still getting it, im very confused, i have taken a preg test and it came bk negative. ive not seen anyone with the same as me (although i no there are - im obviously looking in wrong area) i also have a fibroid that is the size of a 5p and was told it should not effect me concieving. does anyone out there have the same

Gardenpixie Thu 23-Jun-11 19:28:16

Hello,

I don't have any experienc of fibroids but I did take clomid for 6 months. Have you been offered any monitoring? I had a scan every month and had day 21 progesterone tests for the first two months to check whether I'd ovulated.

If you don't fall pg this month, could you ask your Dr to check whether you are ovulating or not?

Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon grin

kelmcdonald Sat 25-Jun-11 18:35:26

hi gardenpixie thxs for responding im not having any monitering my gp just gave me the 100mg told me to take on day 2-6 and have a blood test on day 21 and that was that if i have to do 2nd cycle i dont have a blood test booked they just said come back in sept the only scans i have had was before i was even given clomid ive been left to get on with it til sept when they will review

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 25-Jun-11 19:51:27

You should not be given clomid without being monitored throughout the whole time you are on it as it is actually quite powerful stuff with side effects as you have described. Gps cannot monitor you properly as they do not have either the time or the expertise to do so. I would complain actually, this is poor practice on the part of the GP.

You should not also be given this without a diagnosis of the underlying problem. Clomid is not suitable for all women with ovulatory problems.

I would ask your GP to refer you to a gynae at a subfertility unit if this has not already happened. You need to be monitored properly.

OracleInaCoracle Sat 25-Jun-11 19:54:11

what attila said.

god, it makes me so angry!

kelmcdonald Sun 26-Jun-11 13:11:11

thanks for responding im under the gynae and im not ovulating thats y i was put on it and i agree they shud monitor me more they did the same with my sister-in-law thxfully she was lucky enough to concieve on her 2nd cycle

kelmcdonald Wed 06-Jul-11 22:12:52

hi im now on day 42 of my cycle and still no bfp and no period got a gynae that dont answer his fone and the secertary is away till 11th july im at a loss now has anyone else had anything like me be glad to hear from you to set my mind at ease its driving me mad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now