Talk

Advanced search

TTC baby number 2 16 months and counting....

(10 Posts)
EmmaPW Wed 22-Jun-11 15:58:40

I've got my P again this morning, on the same day I had to go and visit my friend's 1 week old baby.

I cried for an hour afterwards. The disapointment seems to get worse every month.

My bloods came back normal - I'm ovulating, my thyroid is functioning perfectly. Not sure what tests come next but I'm off to the Doctors again on Wednesday.

If one more person says "chill out and it will happen" I will scream.

Hubby is starting to talk about giving up.

xx

IslandIsla Wed 22-Jun-11 19:45:51

Its really hard, isn't it? I'm only six months in TTC no. 2, but cried for about 2 days when I got AF two weeks ago!

I know about the relaxing thing! I've had it said to me. The thing is I know I should relax but doing so is definitely easier said than done.

Would you rather give up or seek assistance?

Hang in there x

EmmaPW Thu 23-Jun-11 12:24:09

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. I'm off to the Doctors next week again to see what the next stage is. My hubby is really concerned about it all and says he would rather just have one than go through all the medical stuff.

I know what he means but I'm so keen on having another.

I was wondering about hypnotherapy - just to learn to chill out about it all a bit. I tried it before my wedding and it worked a treat!

I can't help thinking after all this time there must be something amiss...

So how are you feeling about it all? How old is your first?

IslandIsla Thu 23-Jun-11 12:56:36

My little one is 2.3 yrs now. I always wanted a slightly larger age gap than the standard 2 yr gap that most people seem to have but I am worried now there won't be an age gap or it will be really big!

I've just started some reflexology which is relaxing, and they can pick up on fertility cues (amazing given its basically a foot massage). I've say trying an alternative therapy is worth it alone for some relaxation.

At six months I am feeling ok, but losing hope! (My first was conceived within a month - we were very lucky - and its making this TTC process seem very hard!)

NinjaChipmunk Thu 23-Jun-11 16:35:21

we concieved ds first month of trying, this time around, 14 months and counting. All my and dp's tests came back normal and we have now been referred for investigations. Got my hosp appt mid july. I better be pregnant this month as I don't want to go down that route if I can help it. Its horrible. I'm just starting the 2ww now...

EmmaPW Thu 23-Jun-11 16:39:40

It's good to know people are in the same boat.

Perhaps I should have gone to the doctor earlier....

It's all very frustrating! I am not the most patient person in the world!

NinjaChipmunk Thu 23-Jun-11 16:48:32

has your dp had his sperm tested? He should really do that and its very simple. Dr can give him a pot.
How old are you? and how quick did you get pg with dc1?

PinkCustard Thu 23-Jun-11 17:49:49

Don't give up hope yet EmmaPW. Since I've been trying for DC2 forever (18 months shock) I've found out that it's not all that uncommon to take 1-2 YEARS to conceive!! I too was one of those smug people who got updiffed on the 1st month of trying for DC1 so I know what you mean about worrying something is wrong.

We've had tests done and all is apparently fine, although have just started on clomid as consultant thought it might help hurry things up. I have several friends who took around the 16month mark to get preg and it just suddenly happened without assistance. And there's always Myleene Klass to look to (don't say that very often).

It's crap and so so hard, but I'm still hopeful it'll happen eventually (mostly)

NinjaChipmunk Thu 23-Jun-11 19:03:23

<waves at pinkcustard>
There's lots of us in. The same position on these boards. POP along to the its annoying vol 2 thread if you like, tis very supportive.

faintpositive Thu 23-Jun-11 19:14:58

Hi there.
I had been trying for 17 months. 17 months since my last mc.

All my bloods were normal. I ovulate fine (apparently)
I was due to go back to miscarriage clinic in a month.

I had given up, and was accepting that we would not have baby number 2.
Ds is 8, we have been ttc for 4 years in total.

Every month after much doing of the deed, af arrived.
This time, no af, but im often late.
did a test bfn, then another bfn 2 days later.
Wore sanitary pads, expecting it. nothing.

Did another test and it seems that i am about 6 weeks now.

Dont give up, keep going, at 40 i had.
I was told that there is no reason for us not to have another child and that helped.
Give it longer.
Everything crossed for you xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now