Talk

Advanced search

There's no point getting my hopes up or is there?

(12 Posts)
PogoBaby Mon 20-Jun-11 20:47:01

Brief background - gave birth to DD last August, before pregnancy my cycle was 28 - 32 days, period returned early April and then late May (50 day cycle). We have had unprotected sex since then.

Been feeling really off for the last week leading DH to suggest possible pregnancy. Tested yesterday morning (day 27) and got a feint 2nd line within the time window.

It was a cheap brand I'd not seen before (sensitivity of 25 apprently) so decided to take a clearblue plus this morning and got a total negative. Being slightly obsessive then bought a first response at lunchtime and tested when I go home, again negative.

I know that false positives are rare but if both clearblue and first response are saying no on the day that period could theoretically be due then surely that trumps the feint positive on the other test.

Will obviously test again in a couple of days if no period but don't want to start getting my hopes up for no possible reason.

Thanks

shellmc Mon 20-Jun-11 20:54:05

Hiya.
Im not sure but thought a positive is a positive.
I hope you get a BFP soon. Maybe wait a few days and test again x

PogoBaby Mon 20-Jun-11 21:48:36

Thanks for responding - guess it's just a case of wait and see. Hate having to be patience!

Purplebuns Mon 20-Jun-11 21:48:43

Hi, you need to use your first urine in the morning as it is the most concentrated with hormones, do a test in the morning with this you are so early and using wee midday probably just isn't strong enough and do not give up hope! Let us know how you got on I need some good news grin

PogoBaby Mon 20-Jun-11 21:59:27

Thanks purplebuns - will try again.

Hope you get good news soon too smile

Purplebuns Mon 20-Jun-11 22:12:10

Thank you, I have given up hoping now, I am just going to be as cool as a cucumber when I get my BFP and be pleasantly surprised. smile

PogoBaby Mon 20-Jun-11 22:14:58

The frustrating part is the fact we weren't actually planning on trying for another couple of months but after this weekend I want to be pregnant now!!

havealittlefaithbaby Mon 20-Jun-11 22:18:31

Digital tests don't tend to show a positive quite so early so I think you're still in the running! As purple says, you need to test first thing to get a clear answer. Hope it all works out for you.

essexmumma Mon 20-Jun-11 22:18:37

Ah I think it's natural tonged your hopes up!! I also have read soo many times that cheaper brands of tests actually give more accurate results earlier on than the bigger brands. Could have saved myself a fortunegrin

Good luck! I have a good feeling about it! Xxx

PogoBaby Mon 20-Jun-11 22:24:58

Thanks both, will test again but try and keep things in perspective.....

Purplebuns Tue 21-Jun-11 11:21:21

Any news yet? grin

PogoBaby Mon 11-Jul-11 18:51:08

Sorry, never got back to this thread. Well AF arrived on the Thursday so not sure what was going on but hopefully will be properly pregnant soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now