Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TSH Levels and ttc

(3 Posts)
blacktreaclecat Mon 20-Jun-11 16:24:41

Hi
Just had recent blood results. My TSH is 3, free T4 is 13. In March 2010 TSH was 2.3, T4 12. I think I have subclinical hypothyroidism. I have mild hypothyroid symptoms - feel the cold, can't loose weight, constipation, tiredness.
I have read that TSH should be 1-2 for ttc.
Anyone managed to persuade their GP to treat hypothyroidism at this level? I think I may have a fight on my hands
Thanks

ciwi Mon 20-Jun-11 18:09:42

Hi, why do you think you have sub clinical hypothyroidism? Your tsh is fine, cant advise on your T4 as its measured on a different scale to mine. (mine is 74 last check). If your tsh is high and t4 low then you have sub clinical hypothyroidism. as your tsh is only 3 I really don't think you do though i am no expert.

shellmc Mon 20-Jun-11 20:31:50

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 2 years ago after i suffered a m/c and had to have bloods taken. My TSH was 13 then doubled 2 weeks later to 21. I was started on Thyroxine 75mcg.
I got sorted and got pregnant in 2008 with my DS at the time my TSH was 3.2 i was checked regulary throughout my pregnancy, they say it is recommended to have your TSH around the 2 mark but i was fine smile
I think your level is fine think it is meant to be between 0.5-4.5.
x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: