Talk

Advanced search

Jelly-like CM - is it hostile?

(8 Posts)
RingtailedLemur Mon 20-Jun-11 15:43:22

Hi guys,

Sorry for the tmi but I have a query about EWCM - mine is far from thin and slippery - it's more like thick and blobby but still stretchy. Ix this gonna make it hard for sperm to swim through?

GreenTeaTastic Mon 20-Jun-11 17:02:28

Nope - that sounds ideal to me, lucky you. If you've got it now get baby dancing!! (you can name your first child after me if you succeed after my excellent advice) smile

lucysnowe Mon 20-Jun-11 17:10:46

Hmm, I'm not sure. It doesn't sound v. EWCMy to me. CM is usually thick and blobby at other times of the cycle. But does everything else indicate you're ovulating? If so you may find a lubricant such as Conceive Plus helpful.

Otherwise maybe you aren't ovulating and should wait until it's more favourable?

MrsVidic Mon 20-Jun-11 17:29:28

I don't know much on the issue but mine is v jelly like and I get preg v easily, hth

RingtailedLemur Mon 20-Jun-11 19:11:34

Thanks for the replies!

It does seem to happen during the 6 day 'fertile window' (based on clear-blue ovulation tests - i.e., LH surge) so hopefully, it's 'normal'. It just doesn't fit the descriptions I see on here and in books.

I'm also wondering if it's worth monitoring my temperature? Or is that unnecessary it I'm using the clear blue tests?

lucysnowe Tue 21-Jun-11 08:54:07

Actually, personally I found EWCM v. hard to monitor and never really managed it. If you can measure your ov period by other means I would go with that tbh and ignore the ewcm or lack of. I am a big fan of temping but it may not be necessary! You could do it for a cycle or two and see if it helps.

NB: Guaifenesin is also meant to be pretty good at producing EWCM (or making it more watery - I'm not sure which). It is an active ingredient in chesty cough medicine so if you buy the bogstandard stuff with no extra ingredients that may also be helpful.

RingtailedLemur Wed 22-Jun-11 17:27:31

Thanks for the tip - I'll have a look at Guaifenesin. It's a tricky one because the quality of my fertile period CM is definitely different - it is perfectly clear and stretchy just a very weird texture - I wouldn't describe it as thick (not like cake mixture - sorry for the bizarre example!), more firm, like actual jelly. Maybe the Conceive Plus lubricant is worth a try too.

ChantingAsISpeak Wed 22-Jun-11 17:43:43

It sounds like EWCM and I think I remember seeing a picture in TCOYF that was more jelly like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now