Talk

Advanced search

Sex everyday or he's sleeping outside

(25 Posts)
ColleenEatsVeg Sat 18-Jun-11 16:01:45

Is this unrealistic? I told my DH that this month we are having sex everyday... no if and or buts. So far (two months in) its been pretty casual but the more we talk about it and try the more "excited" I am getting and tbh its really fun trying.

But now I am seriously horny :| and broody and starting a 38day campaign for TTC #1

TheOriginalFAB Sat 18-Jun-11 16:03:17

Yes, it is unrealistic.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 18-Jun-11 16:32:53

Unrealistic.

Sex every day will only increase the pressure on you both re ttc and it will become a horrid chore for both of you. What if one of you doesn't actually feel like having sex?. Such a stance can cause problems in your relationship.

You're not perhaps going to like this but I would suggest you make love when you both feel like it; two or three times a week throughout the cycle is fine.

Ovulation is not an exact science and it can occur earlier, later or not at all in any given cycle.

1sttimetryer Sat 18-Jun-11 16:45:18

ColleenEatsVeg try doing it every other day hun, its a lot less stressful and it will be less of a chore and so you should enjoy it a lot more. good luck, wer ttc our 1st, been 8weeks so far, fingers crossed for both of us xxxx

nickelbabe Sat 18-Jun-11 16:49:10

yabu.

like 1sttime says - every other day (but without the hun and textspeak)
is plenty.
in fact, your DH's sperm won't be any good every day - it takes 3 days to make new sperm, so if you do it every other day, it should be of a good quality.

Plus, you only need to do that around ovulation, too, so about 8 days to 18 days after your period (that's a complete guess based on my cycle)

havealittlefaithbaby Sat 18-Jun-11 17:15:12

We tried last month to do it every other day last month. Managed 4 times in total. Aim for 3 times a week with most days in your fertile period or sex really will just become a chore for both of you.

eurochick Sat 18-Jun-11 17:16:15

If you're horny then drag him into the bedroom, but trying to do it every day is likely to end up feeling like a chore.

peapop Sat 18-Jun-11 17:55:47

I agree, every other day is what is usually recommended, apparently helps produce healthier sperm with greater mobility.

We are currently ttc#1 too, only 3rd cycle but i'm with you on the frustration!!!

ColleenEatsVeg Sat 18-Jun-11 18:07:52

thanks for the knock on the head although I think sex will never be a chore smile I completely understand what you saying I think we are still wrapped (well unwrapped) in the unprotected sex honeymoon.

Best of luck with everyone and hope to hear about a lot of BFP on these boards soon smile

1sttimetryer Sat 18-Jun-11 18:54:15

Nickelbel - theres no need to be rude. Im on my fone hence the txt talk!! And i feel if u talk to people in friendly terms for example 'hun' then people feel more at ease, im new to this and expected a warm welcome not someone immediately being rude to me!!!!when people are fragile like a lot of people on here ttc being rude to ppl is not the way to go! I feel if u want to b rude go elsewhere!

1sttimetryer Sat 18-Jun-11 18:55:52

Nickelbabe i mean

shineoncrazydiam0nd Sat 18-Jun-11 19:10:29

1sttimetryer - Don't 'hun' on MN... smile

You'll be flayed alive. Same goes for 'txtspk'

Nickelbabe was being restrained grin

ColleenEatsVeg Sat 18-Jun-11 19:24:06

Aye we all know how people on the interwebs can be smile just means things are going a bit tough URL and text on the Internet vents steam. there's nothing wrong with saying hun.

Anyway I have heard the three day sperm thing but at the same time I heard 24 sex brings on stronger sperm. Will have to research that one a bit.

1sttimetryer Sat 18-Jun-11 20:25:53

Why cant u say hun? Or text talk? Not very welcoming, wer all in the same boat, why cant people just be nice, why does there have to be people to be nasty when wer in a fragile state ttc anyway sends you into deeper depression?

lilyrose82 Sat 18-Jun-11 20:46:34

1sttimetryer - lots of people call each other hon on here, there are no rules. I've been coming on hear for ages and never seen anyone correct someone for saying that. People come on hear for advice and to talk to people in similar situations. Welcome to mn and good luck smile x

ShowOfHands Sat 18-Jun-11 20:49:53

Text speak just isn't part of the MN vernacular. It's like shouting in a room where everybody's whispering. There's nothing 'wrong' with it but it's just not how we do things on here. It's a community like any other and has evolved in a certain way.

And hun is a bit of an MN joke. You'd be better off saying 'wotcha bitch' tbh.

eurochick Sat 18-Jun-11 20:53:25

Text speak makes me itchy. I just don't like seeing it and always read posts in text speak as if a particularly stupid and whiney 14 year old girl is saying the words. I'm ambivalent about hun/hon though.

1sttimetryer Sat 18-Jun-11 21:23:43

Well im certainly not 14 im an adult ttc. Thank u lilyrose, im new and someone could have politely told me instead of being so rude. I just thought id offer my advice to someone not be slated. Good luck with your husband and hope you concieve. Take care colleen

havealittlefaithbaby Sat 18-Jun-11 21:44:40

Word to the wise, is steer clear of aibu for a bit if you find conception harsh 1sttime!

shineoncrazydiam0nd Sat 18-Jun-11 22:00:32

1sttime - no one will 'politely' tell you anything I'm afraid grin

BitOfFun Sat 18-Jun-11 22:29:21

Text speak makes it difficult for partially sighted users to decode any sense from their software too.

Hun is just annoying.

milkyways Sat 18-Jun-11 23:02:05

I'd try sex every other day, but in all honesty just go with the flow and do it whenever you want, wherever you want, and make sure it's around ovulation. With this current pregnancy we tried nearly everyday for 2 weeks whilst on holiday. We had got into the holiday spirit!

I think there is a time and place and certain forums for correcting text speak. This wasn't it.

ColleenEatsVeg Sat 18-Jun-11 23:57:44

ha nice to hear you had such a nice holiday smile

TheOriginalFAB Sun 19-Jun-11 10:37:16

I think if ttc sends you into a deeper depression you need to relax a lot and if you really mean you are depressed get support before you get pregnant. If you just mean fed up, then don't use "deeper depression" to mean inpatient and fed up.

nickelbabe Mon 20-Jun-11 12:54:52

the thing about textspeak is actually in the Guidelines for the Forum.
It makes posts very hard to read if you're not used to textspeak, and it stops the flow of what we're trying to read.
That's different from bad spelling and grammar, because that's not always the poster's fault (if they don't know the rules of written English, or they have learning difficulties, eg dyslexia)
textspeak is hard to read. It just is.

And there is a long-running problem on MN with the word "hun".
We associate it with sites that are a bit fluffy and have Tickers.
we also associate it with insincerity.
One of the beauties of MN is that people are forthright and frank, and the word hun makes it feel like one is being patronised and talked-down-to.
sorry.

But, my ttc point still stands, Colleen smile
You don't want your DH to think you only want him for his sperm, do you! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now