Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation Question

(9 Posts)
BoysRusxxx Sat 18-Jun-11 11:14:26

Hi All,

Im TTC but I have an ovulation question. I had pains in my left ovary two days ago and had unprotected sex this morning (blush). Do you actually ovulate when your getting the ovulation pains or do you ovulate after?

My period is due about the 27/28th.

A baby wouldnt be the end of the world but isnt what we had planned.

BoysRusxxx Sat 18-Jun-11 11:14:52

I meant to say im NOT TTC!

eurochick Sat 18-Jun-11 11:18:34

I did some google research on this a while ago. Apparently, different people feel different parts of the ovulation process, so there is no way to tell. Sorry. You'll just have to wait and see.

ttalloo Sat 18-Jun-11 11:24:25

I agree with eurochick; ovulation pains can come before, during or after ovulation, and it's different for everyone.

Hope you get your period.

ShowOfHands Sat 18-Jun-11 11:25:12

euro is right. I get ovulation pain but it changes in both quality and quantity. It starts off as a dull, one-sided ache which I know through long experience is the ovary gearing up and the egg getting ready. It increases, like a pressure I suppose, along with a headache developing and then once the egg actually releases I get a sort of flooding pain which according to my obstetrician is blood from ovulation being released into the pelvic cavity. It's a horrible feeling, a bit like having a red hot poker gently inserted into your rectum. It then all dulls to a bruised like feeling for a couple of hours.

So the short answer, is different bits of it are differently sore. But once the egg is released it deteriorates really rapidly, usually within hours, so if I was a betting woman I'd go with even if it was the build up to ovulation, you're possibly safe. But I'm not a betting woman and better women than me have been caught out when it seemed safe.

I'd nip and get the MAP just to be on the safe side tbh.

BoysRusxxx Sat 18-Jun-11 11:25:44

I suppose ill just have to wait and see then. I have a HPT upstairs just shouting at me to pee on it, do you think its too early??!! I joke, Thanks x

BoysRusxxx Sat 18-Jun-11 11:28:25

showofhands, The pain i had was just a dull ache, it only lasted a few minutes plus my (.)(.)s were a bit sore yesterday.

ShowOfHands Sat 18-Jun-11 11:54:48

If you don't want a baby why not take the morning after pill?

BoysRusxxx Sat 18-Jun-11 12:25:26

Yes i think I might or maybe i wont smile Will speak to Dp and decide x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now