Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Confused about TTC #3

(6 Posts)
expatcat Fri 17-Jun-11 08:23:11

I already have DS who is 6 and DD who is 3. We were all set and very keen to try for number 3, knowing that it would mean cutting back financially, we felt that it would bring happiness to us all in the long run.
After trying for a few months, I had a chemical pregnancy this month. I feel fine about it although have had emotional moments and tears too. Now I find myself wondering whether we really should have another child? I feel even more loving towards my current children than I normally do and feel worried about the idea of taking anything away from them by having another - be that financially or my attention. I just feel like I don't want another anymore. But before the chemical I really, really did.
Has anyone had this happen? Is it hormones? Is it a wake-up call? I can't believe I am flip-flopping like this - surely if I really wanted another my drive would be unswerving? confused

Fishandjam Fri 17-Jun-11 16:43:28

Hi expatcat! Really sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy: (((hug))). It's still early days for you in that regard so maybe the thing to do is take it easy for a month or two and then see how you feel? Let all the hormones settle down.

TheOriginalFAB Fri 17-Jun-11 16:43:35

It is a mind field. Why not agree to wait a certain amount of months - maybe 3 - and see how you feel then?

If it helps we have 3 and that third baby really made a difference when i didn't think we would even notice another baby to be honest.

expatcat Sun 19-Jun-11 05:42:00

Thanks for replies. I think you are both right and that waiting for a while might be best. I am surprised how up and down I seem to be TBH, I am putting it all down to hormones of course!

Fab, that is really interesting thank you - acquaintances who have 3 all seem to trot out the line that they barely noticed they were there, slotted right in, much easier than going from 1 to 2.

TheOriginalFAB Sun 19-Jun-11 10:31:52

1-2 was easy. 2-3 was very hard. It could have been the age gap, the fact I had AND and PND or just the fact I am rubbish at being a mum.

expatcat Sun 19-Jun-11 15:31:30

Doubt very much that you are rubbish at being a mum. I found 1 - 2 hard and still find it hard to feel like I am giving them as much attention as I feel like I should!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now