Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

crazy cycle club, can't calculate for coconuts.

(4 Posts)
ColleenEatsVeg Thu 16-Jun-11 12:04:34

As much fun as TTC is it's confusing the heck out of me to have a 35+ cycle. Anyone else have all over the place ucl? Either high number ones like 38 (me) or inconsistent nonsense that you could not even begin to understand when you ovulate :/

How you coping because all the ov/period trackers in the world can't help me smile (29) ttc#1 ucl 38

Aworryingtrend Thu 16-Jun-11 12:34:43

I loved your thread title so had to post!

Not sure if mine is sufficiently crazy, but have had 31 days, 35 days and 41 days respectively since finally geting my periods back after coming off the pill. Which is a pain as every time it gets later I think 'this month is it!'. I've started temping/charting now just to try and establish whether I am ovulating and if so, when. I really, really recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility as this has so much info on cycle lengths, how to chart, practice charts etc.

Have you had a scan to rule out PCOS? This can be a cause of irregular cycles.

FWIW I don't think 38 days is abnormal- anything within 25-35 days is considered 'usual' so you are only just to say outside that. In the TCOYF book there are people who have conceived having 40day+ cycles.

ColleenEatsVeg Thu 16-Jun-11 13:01:38

Thanks for the advice, I did look into pcos but gp said everything looks fine. I will definitely look into Taking Charge of Your Fertility. My course of action this month is to lock my DH in the house and hide all his clothes but maybe picking up some books is a but more realistic than kidnapping

ColleenEatsVeg Thu 16-Jun-11 13:04:33

my husband that is

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now