Talk

Advanced search

ignorant question! Is Day one of your cycle the first day of your period?

(11 Posts)
sallycinamon Tue 14-Jun-11 20:54:13

Is day 1 of 'your cycle' the first day of your period? Think it is but need to double-check!

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 14-Jun-11 21:06:30

Yes! smile

sallycinamon Tue 14-Jun-11 21:26:25

Thanks. Conception on day 6 of a 30ish day cycle highly unlikely then??

BelleEnd Tue 14-Jun-11 21:27:36

Unlikely but not impossible.

HIjack but I don't get how you're supposed to figure out your luteal phase...

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 14-Jun-11 21:28:29

Most women ovulate after day 8 but if you did ovulate early the sperm from the sex on day 6 could easily still be in there swimming away! Are ttc?

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 14-Jun-11 21:32:11

Luteal phase starts from day you ovulated to day you get af. Need to be charting/ using opk/recognising fertility signs to know when you ovulate.

ShowOfHands Tue 14-Jun-11 21:36:33

I conceived on day 10 but from sex on day 6. Because sperm can hang around waiting for an egg to harrass.

Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is v good if you're interested in knowing your body a wee bit better.

Day 1 of your cycle is the day you wake up bleeding red blood. So if you start bleeding in the afternoon/evening or have a day of spotting brown blood and then bleed the following day, it's the day of red bleeding from the morning that's CD1.

BelleEnd Tue 14-Jun-11 21:36:36

Thanks faith, I knew it'd be too complex for me grin

ShowOfHands Tue 14-Jun-11 21:39:00

Not necessarily Belle! I know I'm ovulating on the day ewcm peaks and I have one-sided pain and a headache. Not charts or opks necessary. Knowing my body, I know this is usually day 15. I, er, also feel a bit more, um, receptive to dh's advances around this time. grin

havealittlefaithbaby Tue 14-Jun-11 22:23:26

Yes read that book!!

BelleEnd Wed 15-Jun-11 08:49:40

Thanks Show. I think that I know when I'm ovulating- Clear discharge instead of cloudy, gagging for it all the time etc etc... I'm just never sure if those symptoms are it... Spent over 18m trying for DC2 and got a bit obsessive. He's worth the wait, though smile

Not ttc at the mo, btw, just wondering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now