Talk

Advanced search

Gender selection methods

(9 Posts)
FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Tue 14-Jun-11 19:50:36

Has anyone tried natural gender selection methods whilst ttc and how did you get on?

happydaysahead Wed 15-Jun-11 15:58:45

Hi fulltime I did in a very relaxed way for our number 3 - had 2 ds's and although was happy with either - thought I would just try and sway the odds a little! SWI'd up until got a positive on an ovulation stick then stopped and sure enough I got a girl. Never quite sure though if I was just always meant to have a girl 3rd time or whether it really did work.....?

FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Wed 15-Jun-11 17:21:29

Hi Happy. Really? I like the fact that you did it in a relaxed way as that's like me. I'd like another Dd as have 2 fabulous DS's but ultimately I'd like either. Just googled and was interested to see whether these techniques that promise so much did actually work. smile

shellmc Wed 15-Jun-11 18:13:50

What does SWI'd mean if you dont mind me asking??
Not totally with the abrv xx

happydaysahead Wed 15-Jun-11 18:28:50

Shagging with Intent!

shellmc Thu 16-Jun-11 18:12:26

Ohhh i see!! Ha ha
So is it true what they say??
HAve sex 3 days before ovulation for a girl and on the day of ovulation for a boy?? With my DS i know i conceived him on the day i ovulated! x

FullTimeStudentNurseAndMumOf3 Thu 16-Jun-11 20:58:04

Me too for ds1. I will be trying in October and will try in a relaxed way for dd2. Will keep u posted!

shellmc Thu 16-Jun-11 21:41:10

Iv just posted simular post in Pregnacy forum. Interesting to hear how people got on. XX

darleneoconnor Thu 16-Jun-11 21:54:34

I tried for a DD and got one, might have been chance though!

Some sexual positions are best but cant remember which, also whether the woman orgasms factors and whether the man smokes (it slows down the fast Y sperm) but the pre-ovulation method is probably the best.

I think certain kinds of foods favour one, but again, cant remember which.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now