Talk

Advanced search

babies post pituitary tumour

(7 Posts)
becksharp Mon 13-Jun-11 23:25:18

Hi there

Has anyone managed it? DH had it removed as a young man, on hormone replacement ever since, have NO idea whether offspring are a reasonable prospect. Would like them to be and so would he. We seem unable to discuss this openly and wonder whether he's in denial as to whether this can happen naturally? My thought being maybe has doesn't make sperm anymore

I would really love anyone's experience of this, positive or negative. I know I need to speak to him about it, so don't lecture me on that...not in a position to try yet anyway

Thank you in advance!!

becksharp Tue 14-Jun-11 19:39:07

so really no feedback from anyone sad

shellshock7 Tue 14-Jun-11 19:42:05

Sorry becksharp this is a subject I have no experience of. I hope someone comes along who knows more than I do x

Mbear Tue 14-Jun-11 20:43:24

Hi,

I have a little experience of this as my dad had this, but he was older. I don't know if the hormone replacements they take are different or different dosages for each individual.

Sorry, not much help. If your DH is unsure, maybe gently try and get him to ask his consultant/endocrinologist about it, I think they have fairly regular check ups with them to monitor their progress?

becksharp Tue 14-Jun-11 21:14:14

yeah he does, but the slight hints i've made he doesn't engage with, and he talks about children in the future as if it was no issue. As i say it's not something we can do at the moment anyway, but suppose I want to prepare myself for the possibility it will never happen...

Mbear Tue 14-Jun-11 21:45:18

sad sorry.

The only other thing is to talk to your GP about the situation and see if they can shed some light/give a general idea about his situation. I just had a quick google, but pituitary disorders seem quite complicated and individual, and it was difficult to find if/what caused any infertility esp in men.

becksharp Tue 14-Jun-11 23:51:39

yeah, that's what i've found! Hey ho, I suspect I shall just have to prepare myself for being childfree and think of all the benefits it brings (argh.......) well not quite childfree, I have dd from previous (shite) marriage. would be nice to have done it together too sad

but then we might get lucky and that would be great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now