Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

I need an excuse, blood tests - HELP!!!!

(7 Posts)
Karbea Mon 13-Jun-11 15:16:30

hello,

I went and had my first blood tests done today and I'll need to have some more done at the end of the month.
I was off work with an upset tummy last week, so I sort of told friends/work that the blood test was related to that. Now a friend has asked what the doc thinks it might be, if I've needed a blood test. Anyone got any ideas??? Help????

PamBeesly Mon 13-Jun-11 15:51:58

Hi Karbea, iron levels? thyroid??? Are they a bit nosy? It seems they are ...you could tell them the doctor doesn't want to rule anything out and wants to do a few more tests. Good luck with the bloods smile

eurochick Mon 13-Jun-11 16:01:45

Gosh they are nosy!

Karbea Mon 13-Jun-11 16:02:36

thanks pambeesley yes I think they are trying to be caring smile

Keziahhopes Mon 13-Jun-11 16:19:36

Karbea - it is quite common to have full blood counts when being ill, to check how you are - infection rate etc. This is also a standard fertility test - so you can say you had this test if they want to know detail and you not want to go into personal data.

But yes, nosy!!

awaywego1 Tue 14-Jun-11 10:31:53

celiac screen would be common if you were having tummy troubles..

Ladybee Tue 14-Jun-11 11:39:10

I was going to say coeliac too - it shows up as an antibody.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: