Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

It's about blooming time!

(2 Posts)
Tokyotwist Sun 12-Jun-11 22:12:53

81 days since my last period, yes that EIGHTY ONE.

Booked myself in to see the GP next Thursday, she couldn't do anything until my period had been missing for 3 months and low and behold my stupid body decides to have a period just 4 days shy of the appointment.

I don't know whether to be happy it's here or mad cause now I have to wait and see if it becomes normal regular before rebooking with GP.

Harrumph.

Oh did I mention I'm trying to get pregnant grin.

digitalgirl Sun 12-Jun-11 22:47:07

I feel for you. I have long cycles too. It's def worth keeping your gp appointment and asking to be referred to a gynae to investigate for polycystic ovaries. I have a mild case of pcos which means my hormone levels are fine but a scan has shown my ovaries have a polcystic appearance. I'm on metformin hoping to bring my cycles down from 40-50 days long to 30.

Btw I have conceived many times with pcos so it's no barrier to pregnancy just makes timing sex trickier.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: