Talk

Advanced search

Can I ask a Really Basic Lady Biology Question?!

(6 Posts)
melliebobs Sun 12-Jun-11 09:03:23

Ok, if by some reason you don't ovulate, will you still have a period?!

Since coming off the pill i've been fairly regular, 27 day, 28 day, 27 day, 29 day cycle and this month here I am on day 31, 2 negative tests later and nothing! And i feel like cack for the priveledge!

Karbea Sun 12-Jun-11 09:17:28

Yes you will.

pommedechocolat Sun 12-Jun-11 09:21:21

Yep - like on the pill.

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 12-Jun-11 09:26:20

Yup when I haven't ovulated I've had longer cycles. It can cause your pms to be worse too (ironic yes!). Don't worry too much, most women have a couple of anovulatory cycles a year. The other possibility is that you ovulated late. If that's the case you may be having a normal luteal phase just later than expected. I'd sit tight, wait and see if af shows up in a couple of days. If not, test again!

melliebobs Sun 12-Jun-11 09:49:46

thanks guys! PMS being worse, now now that you've mentioned it it has as well. I've been really ratty with poor DH, not wanted to be touched, told him to keep away with his hugs etc and ive just gernerally felt like cack. Ah well i'll just have to stick it out. Lazy day me thinks, gonna make a cake and sit on my arse n eat it! lol

havealittlefaithbaby Sun 12-Jun-11 10:03:43

Excellent plan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now