Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Ivf- bleeding 7 days after embryo transfer, any ideas

(7 Posts)
ladypanda Sat 11-Jun-11 21:59:37

hi, we are into our first ivf cycle (1 little boy conceived naturally but Tubes blocked since), it all went very well, but 7 days after the embryo transfer I'm having some cramps and light spotting. It feels like a period but it would be too early, and I thought impossible on all the post-drugs. But I don't know really and was hoping someone might be able to say whether this means anything or is to be expected? Any knowledge or experience gratefully received! Thanks x

thegauntlet Sat 11-Jun-11 22:04:49

I dont have any experience... but I ovulated on the 2nd June i think, and am having some light brown bloodstained discharg( TMI SORRY) and cramping, I am praying for implantation bleeding as it would be textbook timing for it ( and for you?) however it could also be mybody just going bananas again... has been known.

defineme Sat 11-Jun-11 22:09:54

I bled a bit with both my ivf cycles at this point and I have 3 kids to show for those 2 cycles so it was ok for me.
However, you know the stats and I would ring your clinic asap for advice.
Good luck.

ladypanda Sun 12-Jun-11 09:43:00

Thank you both, it has not turned into anything heavier and seems to be going away.
Good luck gauntlet, with my little boy I had exactly the same there and went on to have a super- normal pregnancy. Fingers crossed all round...

pinkytheshrinky Sun 12-Jun-11 09:51:50

Don't have any advice whatsoever but just keeping my fingers crossed for you

ladypanda Sun 12-Jun-11 20:13:28

Thank you. Blood got much heavier so am now feeling pretty resolved it must have not worked. I see why they call in a roller coaster sad

BagofHolly Sun 12-Jun-11 23:08:52

Your timing is bang on for implantation bleeding, rather than a period and that's even more true if you're on progesterone support. Hope things work out for you. I bled on official test day with one of my cycles and it was still all fine. X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: