Talk

Advanced search

Day 14, text book EWCM but negative OPK test.

(20 Posts)
Pipbin Fri 10-Jun-11 19:37:59

This is my first proper cycle since coming off the pill. I had my first period exactly 28 days after coming off it.
Today is day 14 and this morning I had absolutely text book EWCM. I did an ovulation test at 1pm and again at 5pm and both negative. These are internet cheapy test.

What I want someone to say is that they have never had a positive OPK and have had 20 children.

havealittlefaithbaby Fri 10-Jun-11 20:48:59

I've never had a positive opk but I've never had a bfp either! I find the internet cheapies rubbish. Kind of figure it's either worth paying for a decent one or (as I am) just charting and looking at my body signs. If you've got ewcm, Shag good woman, Shag!!

Pipbin Fri 10-Jun-11 21:08:57

Well at the moment we are not actually TTC. I have a tricky job situation and we just need to wait for that to sort out.

havealittlefaithbaby Fri 10-Jun-11 21:11:16

Right ok, umm 'great it sounds like your fertile!'?

duckdodgers Fri 10-Jun-11 21:13:08

I use internet cheapies and find the line never gets as dark as control but it does get really dark and through using them a lot I know when i can count this really dark line as positive. But that means it is detecting your surge so you will ovulate within 12-36 hours then. EWCM is fertile cm but doesnt just show up on day of ovulation - I get it up to 5/6 days before ovualtion to!

herethereandeverywhere Fri 10-Jun-11 21:15:30

The EWCM comes just before as well as during the OPK peak. You might find it goes +ve tomorrow or the day after. If you did want to get pg you should start shagging now and stop 2 or 3 days after the +ve OPK. It's your body's way of telling you to get the little swimmers up there so they're ready and waiting for the egg.

Pipbin Fri 10-Jun-11 21:24:57

Thanks ladies, thats what I wanted to hear.
Despite never having TTC I have convinced myself that I must be infertile, no reason other that its just what my shitty luck would be.

So while we wait to TTC I figured I'd chart and work out what's doing.

PieMistress Fri 10-Jun-11 21:48:18

Just to ditto that you can get EWCM a few days before you ovulate and might very well get a + OPK tomorrow, or even in a couple of days time

Pipbin Sat 11-Jun-11 13:29:09

Tested again just now, 1pm and nothing.

Levana Sat 11-Jun-11 14:01:48

This is happening to me too. I normally ovulate on day 14, have been having ovualtion pain and ewcm since wednesday and so far all negative OPK's. I normally ovulate straight away when I get the pain but not this month. Have been testing with two OPK's a day and nothing yet.

I don't know why this is making me worry so much, I think just because normally my cycle has been so predictable, it used to be awful, v long cycles and sometimes not ovulating for a few months and just hope it's not going back to that.

Pipbin Sat 11-Jun-11 20:51:18

Nothing again at 6pm.

AmandaCooper Sun 12-Jun-11 08:04:29

This is quite commonly reported on here re OV testing. The window of opportunity for actually catching the damn thing in action is quite small, testing just doesn't seem to work for a lot of women. It doesn't mean you're not ovulating.

Pipbin Sun 12-Jun-11 21:40:53

Nothing again today.
I have decided that it was just a very small window and I didn't catch it.

Pipbin Mon 13-Jun-11 17:40:52

So, today, day 17, I got a test with a line that was about 75% as dark as the test line. Now I know that it has to be as dark or darker but does this 75% mean that I either have done or will do?
Last test was 24 hours ago, so could I have peaked this morning?

AmandaCooper Tue 14-Jun-11 07:02:24

Honestly Pipbin you and a thousand others, don't worry.

Pipbin Tue 14-Jun-11 08:54:39

OK, I must stop stressing mustn't I?

I'll be quiet now.

AmandaCooper Wed 15-Jun-11 13:44:18

Ha ha good luck stopping stressing! <wry laugh>

joycep Wed 15-Jun-11 15:00:38

Pipbin, you should get the smiley opks ones to stop you stressing - those things are impossible to tell. I didn't get a positive opk with the First Response ones when I first started - there was no darker line and I spent two weeks panicking I wasn't ovulating and thought i was clearly infertile. I actually ended up getting a bfp that month so they weren't exactly reliable!.

LittlePipp Fri 17-Jun-11 09:41:13

Pipbin, Just to stick my oar in - I went mad using OPKs of all different brands, tested every other day all month and always got a negative, even with text book EWCM - but still conceived. Trying again this month (we unfortunately miscarried at 12 weeks) and once again the OPKs are showing negative but plenty of EWCM so fingers crossed!

Levana Fri 17-Jun-11 11:49:33

I always get a positive with the OPK's - as long as I use the 'smiley face' ones. Not the cheap ones from ebay (that would be too convenient... grin

This month though nothing, but all symptons and although a week late I got a temp spike as well. I would guess I ovualted but then again why no OPK. Is really strange.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now