Talk

Advanced search

Can I be pg on the pill???

(17 Posts)
JobCarHouseNoBaby Wed 08-Jun-11 17:08:15

Been on the pill for 8 years. Last AF was very late in the 7 day break and very light (mainly brownish goo - sorry if this is TMI!). On this month's 7 day break and on day 4 of 7 with no sign of AF. Unfortunately, I have had no action from DP in 5 weeks, so therefore cannot have conceived since last 7 day break. But my mind is now thinking well if the last AF was late and very light then perhaps I am pg?

If I am worried and want to test to find out, when should I test and wouldn't it say I am pg as the pill makes the body pretend to be pg anyway?

Oh the confusion - hence my plea to experienced MNers!

Will be due to start next pill packet on Saturday morning so if no AF by then I'll be wandering to Boots for a test.... eek

LoveInAColdClimate Wed 08-Jun-11 18:10:09

I would test - as far as I know you will get an accurate result if you're on the pill. Hope you get the result you want!

JobCarHouseNoBaby Wed 08-Jun-11 20:29:32

Thanks! I think I will hold out the remainder of the week. But even so, would wonder how on earth I could be pg as have never missed a pill. Guess someone has to make up that 0.1% when they say the pill is 99.9% effective

havealittlefaithbaby Wed 08-Jun-11 20:40:20

I would test immediately. Based on the info it sounds like if you are, you have been for a few weeks do a test will be positive. Obviously the pill is not totally effective (think 99% so 1 in 100 women who take it perfectly get pg). It's possible you were already pg when you had the light bleed. This is quite common with ladies on the pill, they can be pg for months not realising she is because you often have withdrawal bleeding each month regardless (I read about this in a magazine recently!).
The pill does not create hcg which is what a hpt tests for. So test and put yourself out of the misery!

JobCarHouseNoBaby Thu 09-Jun-11 08:51:09

DP is in denial, thinks I should wait until the weekend. Some tummy cramps this morning but nothing like period pains.... No other symptoms of pregnancy, other than missing AF.

Still confused!

havealittlefaithbaby Thu 09-Jun-11 10:06:31

Hate to be brutal but you're either pregnant or you're not by now (let's face it if you are you're at least 6 weeks so a test will clearly show it!). Do a test!! You don't need to wait. Poundland do two for a quid if it's the cost you're worried about! Tesco.do one for 3 quid. You font need to spend a tenner on a fancy digital one. Off you pop!
Btw if you're not pg, book yourself am appt with GP cos something isn't right and you need to know what's going on.

DiscoDaisy Thu 09-Jun-11 10:08:20

3 of my DC were conceived whilst I was on the pill!

OnlyWantsOne Thu 09-Jun-11 10:08:28

Yes, a test would give you an accurate result, 6 weeks - go and test!!!!

and come back and tell us all

JobCarHouseNoBaby Thu 09-Jun-11 14:58:43

Ok so first signs of AF have arrived this afternoon. But if it is as last time - very light - possibility of still being pg?

Think will test anyway, though do I have to wait until real (or fake) AF has gone?

LoveInAColdClimate Thu 09-Jun-11 15:22:58

I would just take a test and put your mind at rest. Pill/AF won't affect the result.

shellmc Thu 09-Jun-11 17:49:59

I agree jus do a test!! Let us know how you get on x

JobCarHouseNoBaby Fri 10-Jun-11 09:13:54

Ok so AF still not quite as she should be.... trip to Boots on the way home and my first ever POAS moment tomorrow morning!

If I'm not pg then I don't have a clue what's going on with my body and will have to see the docs anyway. Can't be normal to not bleed during 7 day pill break 2 months in a row?

OnlyWantsOne Fri 10-Jun-11 09:41:27

Hope you get the result you want smile

LoveInAColdClimate Fri 10-Jun-11 13:22:26

Hope you get the result you want! Good luck!

Not a go at the OP at all, but I remember those happy days of being on the pill and wondering if I was somehow pregnant anyway... now I spend my time taking my temperature, obsessively examining my cervical fluid, weeing on expensive sticks, having sex whether either us of want to or not and staring at my chart on Fertility Friend for hours and not so much as a sniff of a BFP...

AmandaCooper Fri 10-Jun-11 14:13:19

I don't think there's any need to wait till morning to test. If you're six weeks pg you should get a decent result any time.

JobCarHouseNoBaby Sat 11-Jun-11 11:21:12

Well I still haven't tested but today is first day of new pill packet and AF is full on. So am assuming I'm not pg

shellmc Sat 11-Jun-11 15:11:35

I would have tested anyhow! But AF is here so probably not. Youl maybe have to go to docs just to make sure everything is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now