Talk

Advanced search

Getting pregnant after coil removal

(7 Posts)
Flowerface Tue 07-Jun-11 18:58:02

...Anyway got any experience or advice? I had mine taken out last month and am utterly clueless about where I am in my cycle, whether I am even having a cycle and many other things. Does it usually take a while for things to settle down or are you good to go straight away? We have a non-sleeping 18 month old so need to strategise our approach in a way that uses our energies wisely (as it were!)... Would be very interested to hear anyone else's experiences, though I know that everyone's different and blah blah...

RosyRosie Tue 07-Jun-11 19:55:21

I took my own out on the 5th May. 22nd May I had a 3 day period (not long for me)...that's as much as I know! I'm going to try a test in two weeks or so, unless I get another period!

Flowerface Tue 07-Jun-11 20:07:06

You took your OWN out! That's pretty brave!

Yes, the same thing happened for me, re. a short period. But then I haven't had one for about three years, so who knows what normal is...

stitchinline Wed 08-Jun-11 13:44:07

I had mine (Mirena) taken out end july 2010

My first AF was the beginning september and my cycles have been pretty regular since then (about 33 days).

I have been using OPKs to try to pinpoint where I am each month as this is really my first experience of cycles since I was about 15 confused

I have managed 2 BFPs since it was removed but unfortunately both ended in MC

lostinwales Wed 08-Jun-11 13:48:49

Had mine removed mid April 2006, DS3 born January 2007 never had a period inbetween. Might I suggest using contraception until you are sure of your strategy? (DS1 and DS2 took between 9 -12 months to conceive each, not normally so quick off the mark blush)

Flowerface Wed 08-Jun-11 17:02:26

No no - sorry. I meant that we are definitely TTC but just don't have the energy to 'try' that often...!

lostinwales Wed 08-Jun-11 20:14:54

Oh sorry! Well I thought I could only get pregnant after I'd had a period well that's what I told DH so I settled into practice from the start. I have to say I was so surprised DH had agreed to it I gave him a couple of beers and proceeded to roger him senseless every evening before he could change his mind, very successful strategy. We did have 2 bigger DC's though who slept really well and were in full time school. Not really a strategy for those trying to pace themselves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now