Talk

Advanced search

Getting pregnant after contraceptive implant

(6 Posts)
coffeeandcream Tue 07-Jun-11 16:35:20

Hello all,

I'm starting to think about when we might want to TTC - won't be for a while yet I think - and I am currently using the contraceptive implant, had it in for a year and love it.

For anyone else who was using it, how long did it take you to fall pregnant after having it removed? I know it varies, but just wanted to hear others experiences.

C&C

smearedinfood Tue 07-Jun-11 17:22:08

4 months, I'd go implant again easily. Good Luck!

LoveInAColdClimate Wed 08-Jun-11 06:48:14

Trying since January with no luck. Had v regular cycles before implant but now all over the place with very short/irregular luteal phase. Hope you have more luck!

gentlyfalling Wed 08-Jun-11 16:24:56

It took me about 6 months to get back to a regular cycle after having the implant removed. The Dr who put it in said I'd go 'back to normal' withing 4-6 weeks. The Dr who took it out said it can take up to a year! I'm still not pg (2 years on) but I don't think that's down to the implant tbh.

LoveInAColdClimate Wed 08-Jun-11 18:07:20

Yes, gentlyfalling- I am currently having tests re the calamity zone that is my luteal phase, and my doctor said things can take about 6 months to settle down after implant removal - seems all that "the great thing about it is that the moment you have it out your body goes back to norrmal" nonsense spouted by the manufactuers is bollocks in many cases.

izzybiz Wed 08-Jun-11 18:14:47

When I went to have mine removed at the end of the 3 years the nurse asked me when I'd last had sex, as if it was in a certain time frame I could have fallen pregnant as soon as she removed it apparantly.

I had it removed in September and conceived in December.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now