Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Clomid after miscarriage

(2 Posts)
Samantha0104 Tue 07-Jun-11 07:25:01

Hello!

October 2009 I found out I was pregnant, early December 2009 I went for my 8 week scan and found out I had a miscarriage, looking back I think that over the matter of weeks I was actually pregnant myself and my partner were having a really tough time and barely holding it together, not to mention the weight my employer put on me when they found out.
Now over a year later I still have not conceived, my periods are all over the place! The doctor has put me on Clomid to try and get me ovulating as after a long series of blood tests it shows various results indicating I may not be ovulating regularly. I'm really happy and have read some really great stories of people getting pregnant within their first and second cycles of Clomid and it does have an excellent success rate, however there is still a part of me that is terrified!

Things between me and my partner are ten times better than they were and I have left my old job because of the way they treated me and am doing something new but I still worry if it'll happen again! It took me so long to get over it last time, I ended up on anti-deppressants for a few months but got my-self off them asap. I'm not sure if I can do it again and not knowing why it happened in the first place leaves so many unanswerable questions in my head! I'm torn between the two, I really want to get pregnant, but am I pushing it by taking Clomid? Should I wait until my body thinks I'm ready? What happens if I miscarry again?

hmm

Is there anyone out there who has been through a similar thing?

After all that I need a brew

mumsiepie Tue 07-Jun-11 13:51:26

Hi Samantha, I had a little still born baby and was 39 yrs and really wanting to have another baby. I stopped ovulating after losing the baby and the doc said it was due to shock. I went onto Clomid and immediately got pregnant. He is 11 now!! Only you can decide whether to go ahead but remember you are in a much better place now and with less stress, chances of conceiving are better for you.

Have a look at this www.thefertilebody.com/Articles/Details/research_showing_stress_reduces_fertility

Wishing you lots of luck xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: