Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Can anyone help interpret these results?

(5 Posts)
disillusionedprofessional Mon 06-Jun-11 20:59:13

Hi Ladies, I recently had some bloods done due to suspected PCOS. Last two cycles were around 95 days and the bloods were done on day 93.

FSH 1.8
LH 5.8
Testosterone 0.6
Prolactin 211
Free Androgen Index 0.94
SHBG 63.5

Doctor told me they're not suggestive of PCOS. However, I went for an internal scan and both ovaries covered in small cysts. Right ovary was 12.8cc. Can anyone shed some light on what this means and where to go from here?

Thanks in advance

eurochick Tue 07-Jun-11 11:47:40

I am no expert but have PCOS and am an avid reader of info on the internet, so from what I understand, LH and FSH should ideally be in a 1:1 ratio. If LH is higher, that can be indicative of PCOS. That is case for the day 3 tests anyway, but I see your blood tests were done late in the cycle. Hmmm.

You might find this website helpful
www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 07-Jun-11 13:08:38

disillusioned

I would see another GP and ask for a referral to a gynaecologist as a matter of course. Your lengthy cycles are certainly indicative of PCOS possibly being the cause.

PCOS cannot be ruled out here; GP seems completely ignorant.

Cystic follicles as seen on the ovaries together with size of ovarues could be indicative of PCOS as well.

Do not allow yourself to be fobbed off.

Gardenpixie Tue 07-Jun-11 13:50:56

Hi Disillusioned I'm no expert by I have PCO and, as I understand it, LH and FSH should be taken on CD 2-4 to be of any use in determining PCOS. This is because this is when they are at their lowest levels - for the rest of the cycle, they do go up and down so comparing them at CD93 isn't particularly helpful.

I agree with the other posters that you should ask for another appt and a gynae referral.

Hope you get it sorted soon smile

disillusionedprofessional Tue 07-Jun-11 20:06:47

Thank you so much for your replies. I appreciate the advice and I'll make an appointment with my GP this week. The doctor who gave me my blood results told me to cancel the ultrasound because it was unlikely I had PCOS...thank goodness I ignored her!

Thanks for the website reference Eurochick!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: