Talk

Advanced search

Considering donating eggs... Advice? Experiences?

(5 Posts)
DontCallMePeanut Mon 06-Jun-11 13:07:42

I know a lot of people on here are ttc, some using IVF.

I'm lucky enough to have 1 ds, but for a long time have been considering donating eggs, with the hope it may help, even just one family.

I was just wondering if anyone here had any experiences they could please share, from either side of the egg donation route (either recipient or donor).

DontCallMePeanut Mon 06-Jun-11 13:08:15

And so sorry if this is in the wrong area, really wasn't sure where to put it...

lostinindia Mon 06-Jun-11 13:11:40

Have you looked into what's involved medically?

How would you feel if you were unable to conceive any more children but knew there was a biological child of yours out there?

DontCallMePeanut Mon 06-Jun-11 13:19:39

I've started looking into it, via the National Donation Gamete Trust. So, getting a rough idea of what's involved.

I've always said I only wanted one child myself, and don't think this is likely to change.

My views on what makes a parent are slightly more distorted, perhaps of the fact I was adopted. To me, parenthood is not about the genetics, but about who cares for that child, who raises the child and provides the love it needs (sorry if that offends anyone, but I hope my logic is understandable)

Cally35 Mon 06-Jun-11 13:35:03

I have no experience of this at all but just wanted to say what a lovely thing you are doing. There is a great shortage of donor eggs and if I ever manage to have children myself, I would certainly like to donate as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now