Talk

Advanced search

Day 5 Oestrogen Levels?

(2 Posts)
MiniH Mon 06-Jun-11 11:38:02

I had my Day 3 tests done on Day 5, as my GP was adamant they could be done any time between day 2 and 5, and that was the only day the surgery could give me an appointment on. Anyway, results are back and they are as follows:

FSH 7
LH8
Oestrogen 171!

From what I can see, the LH and FSH levels are o.k., but the only numbers i can find for Oestrogen are on day 3 and they are supposed to be under 50 for then, but I have no idea how quickly they are supposed to rise after that, so whether this could still be remotely normal.
I do have an appointment with GP but not till the end of next week, and I think i may slowly drive myself bonkers with google self diagnosis searches until then, so if anyone can shed any light on what's 'normal' that would be very helpful.

Gardenpixie Tue 07-Jun-11 13:56:21

Hi MiniH I'm not an expert but I've just had loads of tests done at an IVF clinic and they were very clear that Day 3 tests really should be on CD 2 or 3, and, at a push, CD4. From Day 2 or 3, oestrogen starts to surge so you might find that 171 is OK confused

Hope you get answers soon!

smile

PS FSH / LH results look good - so at least you can have a quick hurrah for that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now