Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

confusion

(8 Posts)
princessamz Sat 04-Jun-11 17:10:01

i stopped my pill last month cos me and my partner have decided to try for a baby.ive had a lot of wierd symptoms like headaches,slight stomach cramping,a really blocked nose,leaking white fluid form my nipples,feeling sick but not actually being sick etc.my periods are usually every 6-7 weeks when im not using the pill so im not sure when im actually due my period.ive done a few tests but all have been negative.im wondering if my mind is playing tricks on me or if i could just be too early to show on a test?
any advice much appreciated x

JimmyChoo17 Sat 04-Jun-11 21:44:10

Hey! Have you had a period since stopping pill?

When u come off the pill it can take time for your body to adjust and your body may need time to reset.

Blocked nose could be hay fever and some of your other symptoms attributable to coming off the pill. But the leaky boobs is odd I would have thought. U may have tested too early if u reckon u have 7 week cycles now would be soon to test but also very soon for symptoms like yours as would only just be implanting. I hope it's good news for you tho! I used the cbfm to track my cycles so if you don't get a NGO it might be worth tracking your cycles a bit more to identify your fertile days?

Good luck.

JimmyChoo17 Sat 04-Jun-11 21:45:01

Not sure why but iPad changed BFP to NGO?!! BFP that should be smile

princessamz Sun 05-Jun-11 01:04:37

i havent had a period yet since stopping my pill but the leaky boobs have been worrying me abit.i know i havent got any sort of infection as i had a blood test a couple of weeks ago to check for everything.
im completely useless at this sort of thing and have never tried for a baby before.how exactl do i track my cycle?

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 05-Jun-11 07:56:08

Princess

You need to go to the GP and have your blood tests results looked at again, they could have easily have missed something. You should have had a day two test to measure and compare the level of LH and FSH. Prolactin levels in your case should be tested as well.

If your prolactin level is too high then a fluid can be produced. Excess prolactin levels can also interfere with ovulation so it may well be that you are currently not ovulating regularly. This particular problem can be treated with tablets.

If your periods are every 6-7 weeks this would be seen as an irregular cycle. If your periods consistently stay at around this length then I would arrange to have blood tests done sooner rather than later. Self tracking your cycle would be a waste of time; such methods are only more beneficial if you had a consistently monthly cycle.

You will need to be con

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 05-Jun-11 07:56:55

You will need to be persistant in order to get answers!, it is all too easy to be fobbed off.

princessamz Sun 05-Jun-11 15:41:55

hi attila
i had the blood tests due to a kidney infection the week before.they checked my kidneys,liver function,any signs of infection or inflammation,iron levels,etc.
no test were done relating to ttc and the doctor was concerned about me leaking :s

princessamz Sun 05-Jun-11 15:42:35

sorry that shouldve been the doctor wasnt concerned

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: